lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2011, 11:46 AM   #1
j12racer
Not Yet Wild

Default yamaha G2 lift help

hey guys im going to pick up my 2nd cart this friday. its an 89 yami G2 . first thing i want to do is make a lift for it . i dont want to spend to much money on it right now so i just want to make one myself ive searched and seen a few ideas on this forum but i was wondering if any body had more specific plans as far as what shocks to use on the back or if i could just build blocks kind of like the front. im just wantin a 4 to 6 inch lift so i can fit some big tires and make it a little tougher looking. . . any links or suggestions would be appreciated thanks guys.
j12racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
auscher
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: yamaha G2 lift help

I just picked up a G2 last week..a 89 gas. I am also going to lift it will keep you advised. I just did the tune up bit and it runs pretty smooth..but still has standard speed around 12 to 17. Going to work on that after the lift and wheels.
auscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 03:14 PM   #3
j12racer
Not Yet Wild

12-17? does the speed depend on the tempature or something? i drove it once and it seemed faster than my 94 electric marathon which is what im going for but i hope its faster than 12-14.. yeah please keep me updated with pics n all. i appreciate it
j12racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:00 PM   #4
auscher
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I think the design speed for the G2 is about that range since it only produces around 7-9 horsepower...but do not get upset...my neighbor has one that can hit 40 with modifications...same G2
auscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:28 PM   #5
crash12888
Gone Crazy

This is what I do for Yamaha lifts.

If I want a hitch on the front I go this route.

crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:57 AM   #6
plk1222
Gone Wild
Yamaha

how thick is your 2" angle?
plk1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #7
crash12888
Gone Crazy

3/16 and has been working for years.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:57 PM   #8
lobo1133
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the diagrams. Hopefully I can get my G2 up in the air sooner than later.
lobo1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:56 PM   #9
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

When I did my G9 I welded angles in front of the old mounts and moved the arms forward, then cut the arm behind the spindle and angled it to the lift height. If I did it again I would angle the spindle a little and drop the arms at least half the lift amount plus widen them at least an inch each side. The rear I put a 1.25 solid bar up into the mount and welded plates on each side of the bottom to mount the shock. I made one plate on the inside go to the frame behind the mount with a couple screws so it could not rock. The plates are angle it was scrap I had at the time. I also drilled holes so I could move the shock and adjust the stiffness/height some. The front I made a tube of 3x1.5 for the shock mount welded a .25 plate on it and bolted the plate to upright, the top of tube bolted through original mount. Cut bottom on angle and put three holes to adjust. Front has a piece of .75 rod I bent to tie it together and serve as a tiedown or tow hook. A little spacer in the center catches the rear of the front mount. Both mounts are angle the rear one goes across. The angle light mounts are actually on the original shock bolts. I did all this back in '99 before any lifts were around, was going to change the front but never want to layup the cart lol. Angling the arms that much does make it not turn as sharp, it has no risers on the spindles, but it does corner hard on trails that way....well, within reason I don't get to crazy with it but it has gotten a little air at times. You also have to have the toe perfect.

Last I built the dump box too but also this hitch to tow and a rear tow hook, it has a ball and a hole for yard equipment. Yeah I left the little angles there, I bolted it on and got the height right then welded the bumper angles.

If I fill the box with dirt I can do big wheelies, but kind of afraid of breaking something so I am careful. Its nice to sit or stand in for yard chores. Its 30x40, all 1x1 tubing.

sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha