lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2014, 01:53 PM   #11
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: yamaha g16

Good lookin cart!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-01-2014, 05:08 PM   #12
duramax
Gone Wild

thanks im happy with it
duramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:19 PM   #13
duramax
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by duramax View Post
motor & mounts are good body & seats excellent shape new light kit tops out at 13 mph so I figure its stock ordering a 6" dlb a arm kit & 22" tires. now I need to figure out what kind of clutch package I need to make it up steep hills with out loosing top speed. called plowmans 3 times now & left my number. ps got the guy to come down to $1600 delivered
I guess don has been sick he called today & spent a long time with me on the phone going over what I need.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:57 AM   #14
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

Mind if I ask what kind of clutch work you ended up doing?
KillerCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:28 AM   #15
duramax
Gone Wild

I did the plowmans performance kit he sent me a new black spring that is much stiffer than the old factory one I had in the rear clutch. I lost 7 mph but gained a little hill climb ability. I had the factory set up running 27mph & it would do 9mph up steep hills. now with his kit its 20mph & 13 up hills. I thought it was going to help both low end & top speed. I guess you cant have both im thinking of changing back to stock clutching. his jet kit did make it run smoother & start better but didn't notice any great power improvement
Old 06-02-2014, 07:37 AM   #16
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

Thanks for the input. I know don at plowmans offers several different rear torque springs depending on what the customer is looking for. Did you happen to ask for max torque? This will definitely help me when I call him today.
KillerCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:06 PM   #17
duramax
Gone Wild

I told him 2 passenger no rear seat no bed 22" tires & steep hills in the mountains & he sent me a black spring it is about twice as stiff as a factory one when you compress by hand.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:12 PM   #18
duramax
Gone Wild

it doesn't even come close to the video of the blue cart on dons site pulling wheelys up hill & 29mph. not sure what is wrong .
Old 06-02-2014, 12:49 PM   #19
sjfishon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a 97 g16, have been through everything,, I will go along with everything redrider said, the only thing he forgot is to grab the rear clutch pulley and see if there is any wiggle--play;; that can be real expensive if there is;; change oil to syn.10w30, 2 pumps grease in each front and back clutches. clean air filter, replace fuel filter, I run 1oz, Gumout, to each 3 gal of gas. on the motor mounts,, if they are lose, and at that age they prob are,, just add 2 washers to the top, then you can tighten them down, or you can cut the spacer in half, the rubber mounts shrink in time, .. pop the rubber plug and see if the rear grease is full, clean battery connections, after you get done with all this stuff, you will be good for a few years,,
sjfishon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:55 PM   #20
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

My G16 has the "Hot Setup" as well as both of Dons clutches and the black spring, I ran the throttle cable direct to the carb and I can climb anything as well as still get into the mid 30's with 2 people on pavement easily at 4300rpm ... I actually found that running the carb the way Don set it up jet-wise *but* using the stock exhaust actually gives me a little faster response than with the HS muffler, though ... Then again, my engine was a fresh rebuild when I started so it's definitely nice and strong. The clutches made a night and day difference immediately, too (I also have his performance belt)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha