lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2014, 05:40 PM   #1
rabar4
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 1989 ezgo rough running

so thanks to you guys i got the "hard starting" fixed with a new fuel pump. Old one had a bad diaphram on the engine side. Now i just cant get it to run good. Cleaned the carb (looked good to start with) new plug, mixed gas (i removed the oil pump and pluged line to intake. Cant get engine to rev out and drive the belt to the top of the drive pully under load. There is an odd vibration mainly while half throttle going down the road. Video was taken with tires off ground so i didnt kill myself doing it LOL. Hope this helps smoeone help me. I picked this cart up pretty cheap and dont want to dump a ton of money into it. Not sure if i will keep it and do the mods i want or upgrade the year and mod the "new one". One more thing is the rattle noice that sounds like its coming from the clutch normal? thing sure sounds loud. Thanks.

rabar4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2014, 07:33 PM   #2
rabar4
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1989 ezgo rough running

Jeez... was it something i said? im assuming the video was not worth anything....? Did i ask to many questions? Did i ask the wrong ones? Someone just be honest please i can take it
Old 09-01-2014, 07:42 PM   #3
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Are you sure you don't have a bad engine cradle mount(or two)? That motor seems to be moving around an awful lot.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:43 PM   #4
wthardy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Mine was running really rough after sitting for a couple of months, added 1/2 bottle of Lucas fuel treatment to a full tank of gas. Solved my problems. that was a $3 fix
wthardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 08:40 PM   #5
rabar4
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the reply 89 and wthardy Im not sure no. i do know i can pickup on engine and move the mounts pretty good. You think that could be my loss of power issue?
I have pulled tank cleand tank and carb as well as replaced fuel filter im pretty sure i got any crapy fuel out and everything clean now. Not saying my carb is without issues.
You think its worth ordering that $38 carb of amazon...?
Old 09-01-2014, 08:43 PM   #6
rabar4
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

that rattling noise is really bothering me. think i will try the home made drive clutch puller i read on hear in the next day or two and run it without the clutch on. Can anyone point me in the direction of a rebuild kit for the drive clutch? Im assuming you can rebuild these..?
Old 09-01-2014, 08:52 PM   #7
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Many things can make it look like power loss. Hold off on a new carb until you check the other things. The motor could be making the same power but it's just not getting to the tires.
Check the motor cradle mounts, and the clutches first.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:30 PM   #8
rabar4
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

will check mounts maybe tomorrow (i have a dentist appt after work) I have had the driven clutch off torn apart and cleaned no obvious signs in there just alot of dust. I did not pull off drive clutch but had cover off and cleaned everything. One of the "pins" (the roller the weight comes in contact with) i guess its called has some slop in it and looks to be worn. Thats why i was asking about a rebuild kit. would be nice to buy a kit instead of a new clutch OUCH !!! Thanks alot for your reply btw. As you can tell i am a complete noob to most all involved with this. so thanks alot !!!
Old 09-01-2014, 09:35 PM   #9
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Also make sure it has the correct length/width belt installed.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:40 PM   #10
rabar4
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

i did put a tape on the belt once cant remember what it was i know it was over 1" tho. What is the proper width? Also i drove around a bit today and noticed the vibration comes at about half throttle and more when slowing down,,,, thoughts on that?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO