lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2020, 04:40 PM   #1
cc79
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZGo workhorse 1200 LX

I have an EZGO workhorse with the 350 Robin engine. I ran over some sticks and pulled a wire loose from the back of the shifter lever. When I finally figured where the wire went I have power to micro switch and to ignition switch when pedal is pressed. The starter will not engage now. I can jump seleniod and started works but cart will not start. Any ideas?
cc79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2020, 06:02 PM   #2
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGo workhorse 1200 LX

There is a hot wire with a 7.5 amp fuse that extends from the hot post of the solenoid to the reverse alarm microswitch where it connects to the red hot wire that goes to the pedal microswitch. Those two wires hit that reverse microswitch on a piggyback type double wire spade connector. I've seen that micoswitch spade break off, those wires come apart, etc. There is another red off that micro switch that comes off the other spade post that goes to the reverse buzzer. There should be three wires that hit that switch, two at one post, and one at the other. I'm guessing you have one missing there. The other possibility is that when they came apart, the hot shorted and your in-line fuse is blown. And worst case scenario, if the wires are where they belong and the fuse is good, that you may have destroyed your ignitor when it came off and shorted.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 11:26 PM   #3
Atomic13
Not Yet Wild

Thx
Atomic13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 11:26 PM   #4
Atomic13
Not Yet Wild

Thx
Atomic13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 08:18 AM   #5
cc79
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have two wires at at the reverse switch and see the empty spade, but cant find the third wire. One from seleniod that brings in power and one from micro switch off pedal. Where should the third wire come from so I can trace it?
Old 12-22-2020, 10:26 AM   #6
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

those two wires you mention go on the same post of the microswitch...the third wire goes to the reverse buzzer from the other post. I suspect you have the two wires you see on the two separate posts. It is just pass through power at the microswitch to the pedal on key turn to run. Operation of the pedal connects the microswitch under the floor board to turn the starter motor. If you put it in reverse and try to start it in the way I suspect you have it wired, it will likely start, but the cart will go backward. If you simply connect the two wires you have identified, your cart should start on pedal operation, you just won't have reverse buzzer unless you find that third wire.
Old 12-22-2020, 10:49 AM   #7
cc79
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Tried the forward/reverse switch in all positions, still no starter engagement. Put a jumper wire on the two wires at forward/reverse switch, still no starter engagement. Where do I go from here?
Old 12-22-2020, 11:37 AM   #8
cc79
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Latest analysis when mashing accelerator pedal I get voltage to small post on seleniod. Other small post is grounded. One large terminal has power, the other one never gets power when I press pedal. Bad seleniod?
Old 12-22-2020, 12:04 PM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If you are getting 12 volts on the two small terminals with the pedal pressed the solenoid has failed. You could possibly rap the side of it with a screwdriver handle and try it again. Not a fix but would prove everything else is working
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 12:15 PM   #10
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you are getting power to the small hot terminal at the solenoid, that should cause the solenoid to close, energizing the cable to the starter/generator. I agree, sounds like the solenoid has failed.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO