lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2009, 09:03 AM   #1
Gave54
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Ez Go Power Problem-After Many Upgrades

I just wanted to say hello to this fine group. This is my first post. I have gathered a lot of information from many of the experts on this site.
So here is where I am at......

I have a 1999 EzGo TXT. When I got it I did many of the upgrades. The cart had 4 ga wires to the motor and I put new 4 ga wires on all the batteries. When I got the cart it didn’t have any power. I upgraded to a new EMP motor with the power/torque switch and a 400amp rebuilt Curtis controller from CTS. I also have 6 new Trojan T-105s. So I am hoping batteries have been eliminated from the potential problems. The past batteries wouldn’t hold a charge much more than 10 minutes of driving.

I put a 6 inch lift on and tires and wheels. So I thought I had it all covered. But the cart really just doesn’t have the power or speed I thought it would. It might get up to 10-12 MPH.

I did the standard diagnostic test and everything tested well until I tested the output of the controller. When I hit the gas pedal the volts shot way up out of the range of my tester. I sent the controller back to CTS and they send me a new one. Now it seems like the cart is slower with the new one and the volts still shoot way over 36 volts output from the controller….I am new at this but I checked everything a few times.

Is there something I am missing? Maybe some other component I can test to eliminate as a problem. Could the F&R switch cause something like this?
Gave54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2009, 09:53 AM   #2
miferrel
Gone Crazy

Club Car

Default Re: Ez Go Power Problem-After Many Upgrades

To BGW
miferrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:24 AM   #3
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

I have had problems with rebuilt curtis controllers that have been upgraded to 400 amps. Not saying that is your problem, just stating I have had trouble with them. The only true 400 amp controller I use is ALLTRAX.

AND WELCOME TO THE MADNESS OF GOLF CARS.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:08 AM   #4
Gave54
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I guess I should have gone with the ALLTRAX from the start. Thanks for the information. Do you have a good contact to purchase a controller from and what model of Alltrax should I get with my set up.

Thanks again for anyone’s help....
Gave54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:17 PM   #5
bnall05
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Welcome. So is the controller your problem?
bnall05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO