lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-30-2010, 12:07 PM   #1
bigal53
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default troubleshooting horn

The horn on my 94 workhorse doesn't work. I tried a jumper wire to check the horn itself but it did not work. Put on a new replacement horn but still will not work with floorboard button. I did test it and the horn is fine. Could it be the floorboard switch? How do I test it?
bigal53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2010, 12:52 PM   #2
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: troubleshooting horn

You need to make sure you have a good ground.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:29 AM   #3
ruredy
Born Wild

those switches are less than good, I don't think i've gotten a cart with a working one in forever. may be just a wire connection on the switch though. if you have kids that use the cart I would think twice about fixing it, when I fix the one my kids use I heard the horn for about a week straight.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:34 AM   #4
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruredy View Post
those switches are less than good, I don't think i've gotten a cart with a working one in forever. may be just a wire connection on the switch though. if you have kids that use the cart I would think twice about fixing it, when I fix the one my kids use I heard the horn for about a week straight.

I know shop ezgo has a nut, cap and switch for this without buying the whole kit again, though I would use your meter and check you wiring to make sure you have continuity between wires first.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:33 AM   #5
chardonite
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Just jump across the switch if the horn blows you have found the problem.Also make sure you have a 12 volt power supply.I always use a 12 volt test light when checking these kind of problems just ground the test light and you can check power supply,grounds and continuity real easy. A test light is a very handy tool to have and is very cheap to buy and simple to use.Have a great day and good luck with your horn....

Last edited by chardonite; 03-31-2010 at 08:36 AM.. Reason: spelling
chardonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:36 PM   #6
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

The horn circuit is very simple... If the horn is working manually, and you have sufficient voltage and ground go to the horn button. You can check continuity through it with a meter. If cont. is good I would check all grounds as this is the circuit most horn buttons complete,,
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:39 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Horns can be had very inexpensively if you search the internet
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:41 AM   #8
bigal53
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardonite View Post
Just jump across the switch if the horn blows you have found the problem.Also make sure you have a 12 volt power supply.I always use a 12 volt test light when checking these kind of problems just ground the test light and you can check power supply,grounds and continuity real easy. A test light is a very handy tool to have and is very cheap to buy and simple to use.Have a great day and good luck with your horn....
I jumped across the switch, still nothing. I pulled the boot off the back of the horn switch and the wires were not plugged up. I plugged them in but still nothing. I ran a jump wire from battery to where the switch plugs in and the horn works. Where does the horn wiring pick up the power supply?
Old 04-08-2010, 07:42 AM   #9
bigal53
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I jumped across the switch, still nothing. I pulled the boot off the back of the horn switch and the wires were not plugged up. I plugged them in but still nothing. I ran a jump wire from battery to where the switch plugs in and the horn works. Where does the horn wiring pick up the power supply?
Old 04-08-2010, 09:54 PM   #10
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Have you checked for voltage to the horn? If not start back tracking to the batt. from the hot wire. You will most likely have an inline fuse. 12v + ground = beep beep
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO