lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2010, 08:16 AM   #1
Studeman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1986 EZGO 2 cycle

Hi there,
I am new to this site and to Golf Carts. I have a few question and a problem. The problem is when i push the gas down the cart sounds like its not getting gas or anything. about every 4 or 5 times it will start and sometimes keep running. what should i do to fix is? i was told to get a new carb and the 1988 carb for more hp. also, i want to make this cart faster and have more torqu so what should i look at doing to the cart?
Studeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2010, 08:20 AM   #2
Studeman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1986 EZGO 2 cycle

Also i dont have a boat load of money for the upgrades ( up to $600) but i will put more into getting it running right. any clue what engine i have? thanks
Old 04-20-2010, 10:03 PM   #3
nomo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studeman View Post
Hi there,
I am new to this site and to Golf Carts. I have a few question and a problem. The problem is when i push the gas down the cart sounds like its not getting gas or anything. about every 4 or 5 times it will start and sometimes keep running. what should i do to fix is? i was told to get a new carb and the 1988 carb for more hp. also, i want to make this cart faster and have more torqu so what should i look at doing to the cart?
Studeman,

That's a lot to throw out there. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of the starting problem. I think we need a little more information on your problem. I assume when you push the gas down, that the engine cranks over all the time, is that correct? If it only starts every 4th or 5th time, are you (or does it have one) using the choke? It so, try these two simple tests. Pull the fuel line off the carb and crank the engine. Does fuel come out of the line? Also check that the line from the tank, all the way to the carb is in good shape and not cracked. Finally, if you have or can borrow a compression gauge, measure the engine compression, that would be most helpful.

nomo
nomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:34 PM   #4
Studeman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

it turns over but doesnt start. it feels like its not getting gas or a spark. when i tested the compression last week it was aorund 110 psi. how much should it be? i was thinking around 125psi. thanks for the tips i will try that.

Tags
1986, 1986 ezgo, golf cart questions
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO