lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2010, 11:42 PM   #11
Saltysteele
Home of the Teeny Weaney

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What to expect if I lift my cart

what can you expect?

you can expect the respect of your peers and adoring looks from women everywhere.

that's what you can expect.

Saltysteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2010, 12:42 AM   #12
crash12888
Gone Crazy

I'm reading into his description as mountian trails not rock crawling.
My opinions are kinda like a fat girls butt, I'll throw it out there wether you're ready for it or not!!

Start slow and progress in steps.
If you are riding dirt road/trails a 5" lift with 22" tires will do nicely. Winch next. You might consider a lift with a reciever built into it for a small winch (for when you take to bigga bit!) and need to move it to the back?
then step up to the shorter belt and try that before clutches.

You might find at any of those steps you can cover the trails you speak of and can stop building/buying.
Bawahahaha!!! Yea right.

Post up some pics of your build also......
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:58 AM   #13
RayBruno
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

How do I figure out what degree clutch I have and can someone tell me the difference in the clutch?

Also, when you guys talk about a shorter belt, what does that do exactly? More torgue?
RayBruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:44 AM   #14
TCruz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

The degree is stamped into the metal on the back side of the clutch. The shorter belt essentially lowers the gear ratio just a bit. It will ride lower in the drive clutch when you start out. And with mine the belt was just a tad wider so it road higher in the driven clutch. Think of it a multi-speed bicycle. If you want it easier to pedal you put the front on a smaller sprocket and the rear on a larger one. The shorter belt gives you the smaller front sprocket. It does make it a little harder to shift from front to reverse since the belt already has some tension on it but it does loosen up. I found out that if mine is in a bind I can just tap the gas while shifting and it slides right in. The number on my belt is CP22337-G1 and I got it from a local EZGO dealer.
TCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 03:42 PM   #15
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

I put the shorter belt on my 98 txt and had a significant increase in climbing ability. For the price I'd try the belt first and see how you like it. I'm on 22's and it does great!!!
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:46 AM   #16
Saltysteele
Home of the Teeny Weaney

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez go go View Post
I put the shorter belt on my 98 txt and had a significant increase in climbing ability. For the price I'd try the belt first and see how you like it. I'm on 22's and it does great!!!
i 2nd this. '97 medalist, and much better hill-climbing ability. got mine from auto value, and think it was a yamaha snowmobile belt.
Saltysteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO