lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2010, 08:49 PM   #1
hitmanharleyk
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default What Battery ?

My brother-n-law loaned (gave) my mom his gas E-Z-GO (2000 or so) to use around the house. Well to make a long story short, my 3 year old nephew got on it when no one was watching and plowed into a tree and soon after it quit working. Mom said it was sluggish to start prior to the crash. The battery was flipped over on its side, so I straightened it up.
I noticed a in-line fuse that was melted so I bypassed it to see if it would run again with no luck. One of the battery lugs was loose, so I tightened it and still no luck.

I brought the battery home to charge and I checked it with a volt meter prior to putting it on and it was at 10.65 or so. Do I need to replace it or do you think it will charge back up?

If I do have to replace it, can I use a $25 lawn and garden battery or do I need to get a full size? Trying to save some money since it isn't my cart.

What else could it be if the battery isn't the answer?
hitmanharleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2010, 04:09 AM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: What Battery ?

Was the battery dry when you checked it ?? have you charged it?? -you can put a cheap battery in it , BUT I wouldn't ,you know, you get what you pay for.- if it was for my Mom, I would be putting a battery in there that I know she wouldn't be getting stuck some where in the cart, Thats my 2 cent
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:02 AM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

You're right, it's not yours, It's for your MOM!!!
Shame on you!!!
Pony up tightwad!

get the new battery in it and check power on the start circuit to solenoid.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:06 AM   #4
tguellich
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My 93 exgo had a tractor battery in it and would randomly die all the time. It was a real PIA. Don't do that to your momma. I replaced it with a $60 car battery and have had NO trouble since.
tguellich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:20 PM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Dang Crash... you need more sleep!

Personally... would get that cute little nephews Mommy and Daddy to pay for the battery and you install it,
Then, you've done your duty, they've done theirs... and Mom has a cart again!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:28 PM   #6
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Sounds like the battery has gone on ya!!!! Go to a local Wal Mart or parts store and find a good batt. made for an economy car or midsize cheapo that will get you back in MOMS GOOD GRACES!!!!
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO