lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2010, 02:52 PM   #11
iaefebs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need help identifying an EZ-go (marathon?) cart and finding wiring diagrams

Just a little more info on your carts history. It started life as a resistor cart. A previous owner removed the resistors and installed a controller. From the back of the wiper board he apparently added some linkage to the accelerator pedal and connected it to a potentiometer. I am not familiar with the FNR manufacturer that he used or why it was changed. The wiring diagram that might help you follows. This is obviously not correct for your setup but it might help you get started. Good luck and welcome to BGW.
[IMG][/IMG]
iaefebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2010, 03:04 PM   #12
iaefebs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need help identifying an EZ-go (marathon?) cart and finding wiring diagrams

I see pggroves beat me to the punch.... I type to slow I guess. I was looking at the rest of the pictures also. I see some kind of a red wire wound coil in front of the motor. Some extra brackets from the motor to the leaf springs. And a electrical connector to the rear axle where normally it is capped?
iaefebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:29 PM   #13
BuggyTraz
Not Yet Wild

Well okay--I've been stepping through this thing wire by wire and have arrived at some pretty wild conclusions. I'm now pretty sure that the previous owner must have rigged this this up to be remote controlled. A lot of that hardware is now missing, but based on some of the stuff he/she added and the positions of a few wires that lead to nowhere, I'm pretty sure about this. For example, the red coil someone was mentioning is actually essentially a big home-brewed solenoid connected to a linkage that applies the brakes

Pretty cool. I'm actually thinking about attempting to duplicate the old (now missing) design and make the ultimate RC car
BuggyTraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO