lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2011, 08:12 PM   #1
xcr26
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 85 marathon wont run on it s own

I have an 85 gas ezgo, that I cant get to run compression is 115, spark is a blue color, carb just cleaned but waiting on fuel pump, currently has none , I have a gas bottle hanging to feed gas to carb, does the motor need the fuel pump to run or ?? also does the 85 have reeds??
thanks
deron
xcr26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-01-2011, 08:38 PM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 85 marathon wont run on it s own

Yes,They do have reeds.I would pull the float-bowl and check the main-jet.If the carb is plugged up with varnish it won't flow.Is this a new problem,cart just quit, or first attempt at getting it running and you don't know whether it ran or not before?If you are feeding the carb from a bottle,it will run as long as the bottle is above the carb,as long as the carb is good.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:55 PM   #3
xcr26
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

yea took carb apart and cleaned well, first attempt at starting cart, I bought it and it was missing the solenoid, ignitor, and regulator, replaced those, cleaned carb and noticed fuel pump was missing, Are the reeds, directly under the intake?? I actually had it running yesterday but it never would really take off and rev up enough to engage driven clutch it was blowing air out of the middle fuel pump hole, and if i plugged it with my finger it would somewhat run thanks for your help
xcr26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:03 PM   #4
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

If you had air coming out of that port,that is your fuel-outlet to carb,unless the pump is bad.If the pump-diaphram is bad you will get a vacuum leak from the crank-case and it won't run.The reeds are under the carb-base,You may have one that is cracked or broken.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:56 AM   #5
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Pachanga has nailed it. That hole you felt air from operates the fuel pump. Without a pump you will have no crankcase pressure, without crankcase pressure there will be no transferance of fuel from the crankcase to the cylinder and the engine will not run. You need to replace the fuel pump or permenantly block that orifice then you wil be able to attend to any other issues. For what it's worth the reed valve is a robust device which rarely fails, however the 2PG enginge is very intolerant of air leaks so you should make sure that all your intake manifold gaskets are tight.
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO