lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2011, 07:59 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1982 Gas ezgo running a little on blocks, on the ground not

I got it I think it's getting fuel ~ Enough fuel to cause a leak out of the Exhaust manifold! Pull the plug = it is soaked.....
Maybe a stuck float from sitting with old fuel.... and won't start
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2011, 08:05 PM   #12
fingerpicker
Getting Wild

Thanks, I'll try that also tomorrow with taking the plug wire off and checking for a difference in sound. When I first got it and found out the solenoid was wired wrong. I was flooding it then and checked plug and it was wet. I cleaned it good and burned it off with a lighter. I noticed it was getting a spark. I was talking to my buddy earlier and he was saying if you ever gas foul a 2 stroke plug it's best to get a new one, because they don't run right. I might have to get a new plug also I guess, but I cleaned it pretty good. I guess I need to determine if it is really running. I guess it's a little tough for me being new to the carts. Tomorrow, I'll pull muffler off , check fuel line coming into carb, and try to notice differences when cranking and then when pulling plug wire off. thanks again guys.
fingerpicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:05 PM   #13
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I got it I think it's getting fuel ~ Enough fuel to cause a leak out of the Exhaust manifold! Pull the plug = it is soaked.....
Maybe a stuck float from sitting with old fuel.... and won't start
Didn't catch that but...very possible. If its flooded take the plug out and crank it over a bit to get all the fuel out. Put the DRY plug back in and see if she runs.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:08 PM   #14
fingerpicker
Getting Wild

What float would that be to check Scotty? Is it in the carb or the gas tank or something? I am a little new to this, sorry.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:14 PM   #15
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Carb. Don't mess with it yet. Pull the plug and see if its wet. If its wet leave the plug out, put a rag or 3 over the plug hole, crank over the engine to get the excess fuel out. Put cleaned dry plug back in. Tap the bowl on the carb...not too hard. Then crank it and see if it fires. Might slip the clutch belt off. It'll make it turn over easier and help keep from running the battery down.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:00 PM   #16
fingerpicker
Getting Wild

Well, today I pulled the plug out and made sure it was clean real good. It did have a little gas on it, nothing was gunked on or anything though I put an old rag in the hole and tried turning in over a few times. I didn't notice any mixture come out on the rag. I checked the rag and it was just a little black from putting it ih the spark plug place, but not bad. Next, I also disconnected the muffler at the top where the gasket is. It didn't commence trying to start any differently. The only thing I noticed was that the driven clutch didn't try to turn at all. It still tried to turn some when I had pulled the plug out and cleaned it to check for the old gas inside. I noticed when I pulled the muffler off, there was still a light mixture spray coming down the side of the barrel. It was sraying down from where the gasket was at. I didn't check the fuel line coming off carb to make sure proper fuel was coming in as was mentioned. Is it the black line between the fuel filter and the carb? Also, when I do that is there a shut off on carb so fuel doesn't go everywhere? I tried posting a few various pics of the engine and around. That one wire you know coming off the carb is the governor cable. The cap on the end was gone and I haven't decided what to do with it yet, maybe just take it off.Maybe someone might notice something. My camera died right after that lol, so I will try to switch them out with some better ones later
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP2998.jpg (98.0 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP2999.jpg (82.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP3000.jpg (53.4 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP3001.jpg (115.2 KB, 27 views)
Old 04-12-2011, 04:16 PM   #17
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

This is not a dumb question can you turn the rear tires on the blocks.
If so do as roady said take the drive belt off and try and start it.
Lets get some things off the table one at a time.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:18 PM   #18
crash12888
Gone Crazy

You don't mention that you checked spark, did you?
Please don't concern yourself with the clutch until we get the motor running. In fact you will be better off if you remove the drive belt until we get the motor running. Less drag on the starter and battery.
When the motor runs you will most likely find the clutches work.

So tell us if it has spark.

Edit: Beat me to it Dooms........
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:41 AM   #19
fingerpicker
Getting Wild

I went up to Advanced auto today and got a new plug and decided to check spark again. I could have swore that I checked that before, but I didn't see any sign of spark. I posted a pic where I had laid the plug on the side of the engine to see if that was ok where it was placed when i checked for spark. I checked the gap as well with my gap tool. It was between .030 and .028 like the manual says. The coil looks to be wired right. I posted a pic. The only one that's not just right is the black wire coming off coil. In the diagragm, it shows the black wire coming around to the side of the engine by the engine harness. I have the black wire connected to the solenoid and the positive connects to solenoid right beside it. Is is possible that it is the coil that is bad? I also noticed today that there is a tiny hole in the top of regulator (I believe) it is below the coil. It looks kind of like a burn hole. I didn't notice it before.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP3002.jpg (113.7 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP3003.jpg (96.4 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP3005.jpg (65.2 KB, 20 views)
Old 04-13-2011, 01:19 PM   #20
crash12888
Gone Crazy

I would almost bet a cold drink if you had spark that motor would fire and run.(then your clutches would work!)
I see alot of mess in those pictures but lets start with the basics,
Where is the solenoid from? if it is an automotive type (ford style) it will not hold up to continous duty that you need.
Follow the orange wire from the coil, where does it go?

I see wire nuts, jumper wires, wire extensions. See if you can locate the correct wiring diagram in the stickies above for your cart and just start tracing and updating the system, It isn't that much, it just looks like it the way it is now.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO