lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2012, 09:41 AM   #11
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

heres a pic of my rear setup. its a 5" kit i bought.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2
1fast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #12
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: OLD BLUE,85 marathon re-construction

Here's a pic of the blocks that come with most lift "kits" - it sits right over the old spring mount and the old spring sits right on the lip ...

20121007_093747.jpg.jpg

I had fears a couple of years ago as to the structural integrity of the setup as the spring just holds itself in place, but my cart has been rolled, flown, folded, spindled, and mutilated many, MANY times since then without a hitch

Also - if you look at 1fast's pic, you'll see the shock extenders that come with the kits - in my photo, you'll notice the shocks go all the way to the swingarm ... Those are the Monroe 31000's, in addition to doing WONDERS for your ride, they also eliminate the noise and instability that the extenders contribute to. This last kit I bought I was able to finagle a deal on as I only needed the lift blocks and spring risers (none of the extenders or associated hardware) because I am installing Monroes all around ... at around $15-17 per shock, it's a HUGE investment that won't break the bank and believe me, I would never think of lifting another Marathon without going the Monroe route
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #13
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

hey thanks lilrascal that set up,height and clearance look like just what i need for sure..back to cleaning the shop today
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #14
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

heres my cart with a 5" lift and 12" street tires.

Old 10-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #15
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

very nice! been looking thru your stuff last week also
got the shop clean with 7 ft all the way around the cart,so plenty of room.

got the cart all blocked up 8-10 inches and level,tommorow will remove the wheels and start stripping stuff down for the lift..will get pics as i go
Old 10-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #16
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

oh yeah,,today when backing in up into the shop i noticed everytime i was in reverse i herd a lil slight metalic tap"or knock",,so i drove round the merry go round forward and no knock,,try reverse again and it knocks as soon as ya step on the pedal in reverse..this normal? wrist pin wear? timing?or should i repair something while i have it on stands?

also wanted to ask,if i stay with 8 inch stock rims do i need spacers to fit the 22-11-8 tires?
trying to search pics of my cart with 8 inch rims and 22-11-8 tires to see if i like it or beter off with 10 inch rims,,thanks again for you fellas help

john
Old 10-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #17
LiL' rascal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Not sure about the knock but mine has a good knock when it gets warmed up not sure if its the clutch or motor? But if I was you I would shoot for 10x7 rims with a 3•4 offset. Then you will get a much greater selection for tires. I did look for 22" tires for my stock 8" rims and only found a couple sets. And yes you would need spacers, my 18/9.5-8 only had a 1/4 inch gap between the tire and swing arm.
LiL' rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:17 PM   #18
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

X2 on the 10" wheels. the taller you go the wider stance you need to be stable. like rascal said the tire selection is greater.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:37 AM   #19
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks,,i will siep up on the rim size and back spacing for sure sometime when mulla alows..right now im getting the front plastic nose off,,its trashed anyhow..i seen on here but cant find it,,where someone flipper there front stock axle and re welded stuff to make work and have ground clearance..
anyone have a link or remember this???
i may just fab up mu original axle to work on top,but then the weight would be pressing on the opposite side ot the axle?
this shouldnt matter as long as i put the washer thats under the nut on the other side where it will now be riding on? any opinions here?
wanting the ground clearance so back to thinking a bit
Old 10-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #20
LiL' rascal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I understand wanting ground clearance but your diff is always going to be the lowest part on your cart even with the front Axel the way it is but that just my 2 cents.
LiL' rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO