lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-18-2017, 05:59 AM   #1
zingerbateman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Difference in driven clutches?

Got my drive clutch off with special tool but the driven clutch wasn’t so lucky. It was rusted on shaft and DH tapped it a smidge too hard and broke the sheave so now I’m on the hunt for new driven clutch. I see some that are smooth and some that are casted like mine. And prices all over the place. Hubby said I could’ve bought a new cart 0% for 48 mo financing but then I’d never be up to page 248 educating myself in cart repair! This is such a great forum and you guys are the best in figuring out problems so thank you in advance! So any advice on which or where to get my new clutch? Kim
zingerbateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-18-2017, 07:12 AM   #2
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Difference in driven clutches?

With my experience on Yamaha, but I suspect it must be the same with other brands, you have to choose the right supplier... Hopefully you will have advices back from this forum.

Myself (in fact it was for a friend), I had a really bad experience, with even a sponsor of this forum, I posted on this thread...
sformal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 08:39 AM   #3
zingerbateman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thank you for the insight. I looked on CPP website because I planned on shipping both clutches for machining/ other parts and figured it would be easier to deal with one company but I didn’t see one listed for my cart?
Old 11-18-2017, 09:04 AM   #4
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

You can always contact him... he is really serious, I should say "they", as they are a team!

In fact I contacted him by eMail before ordering my friend's clutch, insisting to have the very same as the one I ordered him the previous year. I was really upset (for the less) by Golf Cart King & DIY Golf Cart!!! In my eMail, I also indicated him my post where his name was, just a question of correctness...

What is funny is that he answered on the forum instead of sending me an eMail back... This being said, I love his answer (concerning endless salesmen trying to propose them crap) and it is good to be shared by our community, so...

On the other hand, I am not sure they are too much IT oriented, so if something is not on their web site, IMHO it does not mean they do not carry it or could not help you... *smile

For Yamaha, we have really 2 excellent suppliers: Plowman's and CPP, I hope all brands have their "references" too...

Anyway
sformal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 09:04 AM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

*Edit* ... Question answered! (I type slow!)
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 09:02 PM   #6
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

If you have a 2001 gas CC I'd stick with the fluted, cast-sheaved driven clutch. The smooth, steel-sheaved steel driven clutches are designed to work with a drive clutch Club Car no longer offers or sells anywhere as far as I know and hasn't been used in Club Car gas carts since early 1987. It seems to me that a lot of cart manufacturers are selling the steel-sheave driven clutches for newer carts but they're not 100% compatible.

Started a thread on this a few weeks ago:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...-bad-ugly.html
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 06:43 AM   #7
zingerbateman
Gone Wild

Club Car

I thought there might be a difference and thank you for the links. The smooth ones just look cheaper made. Jason’s cart has a driven clutch on website that is the casted one as do a couple other sponsors mentioned above. Actually; if the one broken inside sheave can be replaced I may not have to buy a new clutch as hubby got it off. It was rusted on the shaft pretty bad. I’ll give CPP a call this week and talk about what I need to do. I’ve got this cart tore apart and figure anything I can fix,rebuild or replace now will hopefully make it dependable when I take it to shoots. I don’t want a breakdown cuttin into my drinkin time
Old 11-19-2017, 09:52 AM   #8
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Just so you know the women at Parts Cart Plus are just as knowledgeable if not more knowledgeable than a lot of men, trying to sell parts...
I have been a loyal customer to CPP for more than 6 years, in that 6 years I have bought a couple of engines a couple of lifts, a bunch of clutches for friends and neighbors belts 2.
Where I'm going with this, is this the fact that every project that I have done, I was able to call CPP for any questions that I had pertaining a motor install a lift build or simple clutch removal.
Truth be told I am not a very intelligent man I have to use my back for a living,
CPP takes the time to even explain it to someone slow.

Yes I know I rode the short bus, the driver said I was special cuz I got to ride up front......
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 10:22 AM   #9
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

One thing that I like about CPP the most,probably is that my wife can call up while I'm working and get what I need, even if she says that chingaletta that goes to the Whatchamacallit connected to the thingamajig , they still know which part to send!!
Game changer for me, my lovely bride, taking care of the cart while I'm at work!!
Win win for me,

Rock on "Dixie Sales"....
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 10:27 AM   #10
zingerbateman
Gone Wild

Club Car

that’s probably better than the bus I’ll be riding on! I’ve already got a front seat reserved and know the driver! (<—- not that bus either!) thanks for the info too!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car