lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-20-2018, 02:28 PM   #1
snowdonben
Not Yet Wild

Default Club car missing bits

Hey people, I have just bought an 04 club car with some engine bits missing. I have done an electric buggy before but this is my first petrol one.

I think the governor cable is missing but I have been looking at the diagrams on the sticky’s on the forum and I can’t seem to make them match the engine in the cart.

Can anybody help me identify my engine and what parts are missing please, I can then get them ordered. I am based in the uk but can always get people to ship from the us.

Thanks for the help

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
snowdonben is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-20-2018, 08:12 PM   #2
unknwn
Getting Wild

Default Re: Club car missing bits

Sure looks like an FE350. You seem to be missing the governor cable, arm, throttle cable, various nuts & bolts, ect.
I would highly suggest that you verify the engine to be viable (crankshaft turns, compression, spark) before you start ordering parts.
Find someone to help you get the CVT belt removed, and then you can at least learn that the crank turns & you have compression & spark.
Search online for a Club Car parts manual on .pdf for the -exact- year and model of your cart.
unknwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:22 PM   #3
unknwn
Getting Wild

Looking at your photos again, I saw at least some remnant of the governor cable, but unless it is complete (has the strange looking spring on the tail end) then it would need to be replaced if you expect to make her whole again.
My suggestion about -knowing- that the engine is viable, is because when Bubba starts removing the parts associated with the governor mechanism, he tends to wreck the engine before he's done.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:26 PM   #4
unknwn
Getting Wild

You ought to be able to find a parts catalog download on this search:

https://www.google.com/search?q=2004...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Old 02-21-2018, 12:37 AM   #5
snowdonben
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the advice unknwn, I’ll check the viability of the engine first. Much appreciated.

Old 02-21-2018, 10:56 PM   #6
unknwn
Getting Wild

Post #30 on this thread has a repair manual .pdf link that covers a 290 engine, but MOST aspects of the cart will be very similiar or the same.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...s-fe350-3.html
Old 02-22-2018, 12:31 AM   #7
unknwn
Getting Wild

Here is a link that covers the 350 motor and most other aspects of a early/mid '00s DS cart.

http://goldenpro.fi/wp-content/uploa...11/DS-2004.pdf
Old 02-22-2018, 03:10 PM   #8
snowdonben
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the help chaps. I managed to put a battery in and the engine spun as did the belt then it kicked in and moved, so I guess the engine is not seized which is good. I jacked up the back wheels and tried again and it wouldn’t work, the oil light came on.
Does anybody know of there is a failsafe that the engine won’t run if the oil light is on (guess jacking it up put all the oil to the front). Also what oil does it take? A, guessing it needs an oil change. And a good clean up. Thanks for the help guys

Old 02-22-2018, 07:40 PM   #9
zingerbateman
Gone Wild

Club Car

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...-ds-carts.html

if I did this right, everything you need is right at the top of this forum. They are all posted in Red. hope this helps
zingerbateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 08:26 AM   #10
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

First off that looks like an fe 290 and I'm pretty sure of that, I'm just sayin.....

As far as your cart I noticed a few things that are missing.
I would like to address
2 things first.
The first is the shifter cable, this is where I would make my starting point. The shifter cable needs to be replaced. And can do so by removing the two nuts(17 mm wrench) that hold it to the arm there is one on the axle and one on the front body, in your case the one on the front body is laying off to the side with a few wires connected to it. I did not see a place to attach the shifter arm and cable to the front of the body?
Can you send me a picture of the front of the body underneath the seat?

The second thing I would address is the throttle cables, which in your case I did not see any, on a stock cart there are two throttle cables 1 runs from the Black Box up front to the rear of the axle, the second cable runs from the rear of the axle and mounts to the carburetor, I did not see any plates or arms connected to the governor, which is where those throttle cables attach.
I have seen people bypass the governor completely, and run the throttle cable wire out of the front box (next to the coil) directly to the carburetor.
Does the key switch work?

On a side note, these Kawasaki s engines in general are hard to kill.
So if the motor spins over and the key switch lights up
You'll be okay, just a matter of getting all the bugs and Kinks out......
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car