lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2018, 02:12 PM   #11
snowdonben
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club car missing bits

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectClubCar View Post
First off that looks like an fe 290 and I'm pretty sure of that, I'm just sayin.....

As far as your cart I noticed a few things that are missing.
I would like to address
2 things first.
The first is the shifter cable, this is where I would make my starting point. The shifter cable needs to be replaced. And can do so by removing the two nuts(17 mm wrench) that hold it to the arm there is one on the axle and one on the front body, in your case the one on the front body is laying off to the side with a few wires connected to it. I did not see a place to attach the shifter arm and cable to the front of the body?
Can you send me a picture of the front of the body underneath the seat?

The second thing I would address is the throttle cables, which in your case I did not see any, on a stock cart there are two throttle cables 1 runs from the Black Box up front to the rear of the axle, the second cable runs from the rear of the axle and mounts to the carburetor, I did not see any plates or arms connected to the governor, which is where those throttle cables attach.
I have seen people bypass the governor completely, and run the throttle cable wire out of the front box (next to the coil) directly to the carburetor.
Does the key switch work?

On a side note, these Kawasaki s engines in general are hard to kill.
So if the motor spins over and the key switch lights up
You'll be okay, just a matter of getting all the bugs and Kinks out......

Hey, thanks for the input

I have had the ignition switch apart and it now works and gets power to everything, got it turning over but as the fuel tank was in a bad way I disconnected the fuel so never got it started.

However, since cleaning the buggy, I get power at the ignition (fuel gauge works) but nothing when pressing the accelerator. Something must be wet still do will chase it down with a multimeter.

The engine turns and I can hear compression so am optimistic about the chances of bringing it to life with a bit of work and patience.

The guy bought a job lot and robbed parts from this one, definitely the runt of the litter.

I have the cable from the box at the front to the back of the engine but am missing and arm and cable to go to the front.

I have managed to bolt the shifter cable to the front of the body and all seems to work well.

I have an issue with the fuel tank, should I post that on a separate thread or continue on here (not sure on forum good practice)

Thanks for the help, have loved working on it and making progress thanks to all your advice and help.

Cheers

Ben

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
snowdonben is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-25-2018, 04:34 PM   #12
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

You can stay right here for right now, here is good.
A few of our members have a great schematic for the Club Cart ignition, hopefully one of them will post it.....
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 04:58 PM   #13
snowdonben
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
You can stay right here for right now, here is good.
A few of our members have a great schematic for the Club Cart ignition, hopefully one of them will post it.....

Thanks. The fuel tank has some serious gunk. I have pressure washed steam cleaned and used carb cleaner as well as swilling it with fuel and much of it is out but there is still gunk. The pipe to feed the pump is also full. Is there a way to get a new pipe, not sure how it comes out? Are these ok to use or what should I use to clean them?

I did hear a rattling when emptying the tank and managed to find a screwdriver in there !!!!!!! Made for an interesting time getting it out.

Thanks for the advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2018, 05:09 PM   #14
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

You have the tank handled up, after you get the inside where you're happy with it, shoot a shot of air through the on/off fuel button...
And the tank should be good..... Check the whole fuel tank out before installing it back, some of these have been known to dry rot and have cracks in them, I have been one of those victims....
And these gas tanks are not cheap!!!!
Old 02-25-2018, 05:10 PM   #15
snowdonben
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
You have the tank handled up, after you get the inside where you're happy with it, shoot a shot of air through the on/off fuel button...

And the tank should be good..... Check the whole fuel tank out before installing it back, some of these have been known to dry rot and have cracks in them, I have been one of those victims....

And these gas tanks are not cheap!!!!

Thanks for the advice. Will do :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-25-2018, 05:19 PM   #16
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

One of the thing I wanted to mention, pertaining to the fuel lines, I like to run two fuel filters, the first filter between the tank and the fuel pump, the second filter is after the fuel pump before the carburetor.... What brand Style that you use is not important that is up to your discretion, but two fuel filters is very strongly recommended.......
I like glass...
Old 02-25-2018, 05:34 PM   #17
snowdonben
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
One of the thing I wanted to mention, pertaining to the fuel lines, I like to run two fuel filters, the first filter between the tank and the fuel pump, the second filter is after the fuel pump before the carburetor.... What brand Style that you use is not important that is up to your discretion, but two fuel filters is very strongly recommended.......

I like glass...

Good idea, I got 2 today so will take the advice. What fuel lines do you use, I saw mine has 6mm rubber, yours look braided?

Old 02-25-2018, 05:58 PM   #18
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

I know I get that braided look, from my old hot rod days when everything had to be braided...... Hangs head in shame, I know I know........
It's just a golf cart......
Looking down at the ground, shaking head sideways ...... kicking rocks.....

Braided fuel lines and glass filters are not necessary!!!!
Old 02-25-2018, 05:59 PM   #19
snowdonben
Not Yet Wild

But look awesome[emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Old 02-25-2018, 06:02 PM   #20
snowdonben
Not Yet Wild

I am trying to order the missing Govenor bracket thing from the back of the engine that sits on the pin and connects to accelerator cable and throttle cable. Do you know what it is called please?

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car