lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2018, 09:18 PM   #1
johnlem1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Normal stock Carryall speed?

I recently purchased a 2000 Club car Carryall Turf II. It needed a little help and I went overboard replacing parts and tinkering with the cables and slight change to the governor setting. When I got it, it would only run 8 mph and had other (noisey) issues as well. I replaced bearings in the transaxle, and muffler, both clutches, fuel pump, oil & gas filters, fuel sending unit, fuel lines, belts, starter, wheel bearings, most bushings, and igniter. A lot of my original issues as it turns out were caused by a partially clogged fuel pump pulse input. In other words the line that supplies the fuel pump with the pulse vacuum was clogged where it goes into the engine. I spiralled into a black hole of parts replacement but it is 100% quieter now due to the transaxle bearing and clutch replacements. In between all of these replacements I used the cart everyday and was tinkering with all kinds of settings to speed it up without bypassing the rev limiter. I did have it going 14 mph but then encountered some weird run problems including a quiet backfire upon deceleration. Today after the drive clutch replacement I think I put everything (gas pedal rod, cable and governor) back to where it was when I got it and it runs smooth but only 12 mph. Is that all I can expect without messing with the governor? I would like 13-14; I know thats not much faster but I was happy with that speed when I messed with the governor but unhappy with the running problems.
johnlem1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-17-2018, 08:56 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Normal stock Carryall speed?

I have a 2001 turf 2, it will do around 15-16mph on the stock 18" tires. Any more than that it hits the rev limiter cutout.

Adjust the pedal rods and the cables inside the black box to go as fast as it will before hitting the rev limiter.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 10:14 PM   #3
johnlem1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks CP241
Old 11-18-2018, 01:02 PM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

290 or 350?

The 290 motor you should probably be around 15mph at top speed. If you’re hitting the rev limiter before that you may have a clutch issue.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:56 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Mine is the 350. Clutch is fine. But quite a bit heavier than a regular DS. The bed alone is easily a few hundred lbs or more.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 08:51 AM   #6
johnlem1
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

This one has the 350.
Old 11-23-2018, 03:19 PM   #7
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

The two Transporter carts we have are 350 and they both ran around 18mph. the transporter may have had a different gear set than the carryall, I’m not totally sure on that.
I had to adjust the governors on both to slow them down to about 12-14mph. Any slower than that and they won’t climb the hills we have here.

Do have one carryall with the 290 and hydraulic dump bed, and it runs 14-15ish like the regular DS carts.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car