lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2011, 04:15 PM   #1
citrix_guy
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo st 2+2 hot seat!

So, I drove around my new Gas 2008 ST 2 this weekend. Spend 20-30 minutes on the cart (not towing or off road, just tooling around the park on the roads) and I noticed my butt was sweating....

Got off the cart and felt hot air coming out from between the seat and the body. Opening the seat up I could tell the engine was hot, the air inside the body REAL HOT. My yamahas never are like this.

The bottom of the seat (wood) and the plastic for the arms rests were all warm to the touch. Not burning or melting but REAL WARM....

Anyway, oil is good and knowing this thing is air cooled the only thing I can think is that the Skid plate (these things come w/ a skidplate under the motor and a stuff) is reflecting the heat up and minimizing the air getting across the motor.

Anyone seen this? I am thinking of pulling the skip plate to allow more air to get up there.
citrix_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
learningaboutcarts
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Ezgo st 2+2 hot seat!

I have a 2008 TXT that has the same problem when we cruise slower around the neighborhood usually 4-8 miles. I also owned an ST custom gas that did the exact same thing. I never have figured out how to improve it.

We will see who else replies. Let me know if the skid plate removal helps yours cool down.
learningaboutcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:57 AM   #3
citrix_guy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningaboutcarts View Post
I have a 2008 TXT that has the same problem when we cruise slower around the neighborhood usually 4-8 miles. I also owned an ST custom gas that did the exact same thing. I never have figured out how to improve it.

We will see who else replies. Let me know if the skid plate removal helps yours cool down.

Ok, removed the skid plate this weekend. Just parked the cart in the garage on a level floor and its simply 4 bolts to drop. The bolts seem to connect to the engine mounts, but I just removed them. dropped the plate, and put the bolts back in place.

Did it help? some. The seat is not AS hot, but still warm/hot. I think I am going to have to add a fan or build some airducts to move air across that engine.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:52 PM   #4
portworks
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Mine has hot air coming up my back,is there a panel that can be inserted. Also will the txt bagwell fit on an st 2+2 ?
portworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:11 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Have the same problem with mine. Thinking of a boat bilge fan to just blow the air out under the bed..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:24 PM   #6
portworks
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Do you think o panel / cover behind the seats would trap to much heat inside.
portworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 02:39 PM   #7
citrix_guy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Have the same problem with mine. Thinking of a boat bilge fan to just blow the air out under the bed..
iwas thinking one of those aftermarket 12v radiator fans. Mount low and in front of the engine.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:53 PM   #8
TEXASFISHINGMAFIA
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Mine will also roast your fanny. I plan to add a fan when i finish laying out the engine compartment this winter. Gonna just ride it now and do all the mods this winter.....texas winter....gonna have to do the cart in 15 days......!!! Before summer hits again. If you haven't had your workhorse long, you really do need to watch that temp.. They do run hot because of all the restrictions on air flow to the engine compartment. My lift kit has a big plate right on the front that kills what air it would get and the skid plates finish it off. When i pull mine in after riding i lift the front seat and have a stand fan that i point into the compartment to help cool it down. Makes me feel better but i'm sure it's little help. We need to help them get air without taking off skid plates....you need those, partner.
TEXASFISHINGMAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:25 PM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by citrix_guy View Post
iwas thinking one of those aftermarket 12v radiator fans. Mount low and in front of the engine.
That fan should move a lot of air but not sure how to direct it. I was going to use the bilge fan to pull the air out of the compartment, not to blow on the motor. Maybe connect a hose and blow it directly into the shroud ...
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:34 PM   #10
TEXASFISHINGMAFIA
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Your idea sounds just as effective and after thinking about it...more practical..... And gives way to maybe making that upgrade interesting in some way. Hmmmmm, going to have an adult beverage and ponder that one. Let me know what you finally come up with because you are going to do yours before i do mine. The issue is a real one.
TEXASFISHINGMAFIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO