lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2011, 07:16 PM   #1
superman111
Not Yet Wild

Default lots of pics/lots of questions txt belt, hei conversion, general info

First off I would like to say this site is awsome. I have found much info that is very helful and appreciate everyones help.
Ok Well i have a 99 Ezgo TXT, and a lot of questions to go with it. I bought a new belt for it and would like to know if it is supposed to be as loose as it is.
Also I have no spark, well I have a spark twice when I first his the gas pedal and then no more. When I got the cart it was missing the dual coil, I bought a new one and put it on. The pulsar coil seemed to check out in the ohms area. So I am guessing that it is the igniter. I want to do the hei conversion but the wiring diagram on the site shows it for the single coil and different colored wires. I am looking for any info on doing this, I have supplied a pic of the wires that I have that need to be hooked back up. I jsut need to know where they should all go.
I also have a problem putting my flywheel cover back on, the coil seems to be in the way, I don't know if this is the right location but is has the right holes, and is the only place that all the wires will reach, the coil is most definetly in the way, since it was not on it before the cover mounted fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will have plenty more questions I am sure
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0019.jpg (65.9 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0022.jpg (84.2 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0034.jpg (64.4 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0038.jpg (58.6 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0036.jpg (59.9 KB, 32 views)
superman111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2011, 07:33 PM   #2
G2Rebel
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: lots of pics/lots of questions txt belt, hei conversion, general info

The coil is in the right location, you just need to put the flywheel cover on first then coil. Not sure on the HEI upgrade though. The driven clutch looks to be stuck open. The belt is supposed to ride at the top of the clutch in the rear.
G2Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:43 PM   #3
superman111
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: lots of pics/lots of questions txt belt, hei conversion, general info

Ok so if the back clutch is stuck, that would explain the slack in the belt, but does it look as if it is riding in the right spot in the front clutch? Thanks
superman111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:31 AM   #4
Phillip
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The drive clutch (front) is normally open and closes as the engine increases in rpm. The driven clutch (rear) is normally closed and opens as the engine rpm is increased.
Phillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO