lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2011, 04:04 PM   #1
Texas001
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Slow go, backfires

My brother in law's 2001 EZGO quit on him going down the road at the ranch. He got it restarted and it had weak power (the day before it ran great) and he made it to the cabin. I watched as he put it in neutral and rev ed it up a bit. It would not rev and would boog and backfire every 5 or 6 seconds. Anyone have any ideas where he should start looking or what he needs to look for? I know he will appreciate any help. Although I have a EZGO I am not a engine kind of a guy. Thanks guys.
Texas001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2011, 08:37 AM   #2
aintgotthis
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Slow go, backfires

Change your spark plugs, should be NGK BP4ES. If that doesn't fix it, check your valve clearance. The intake valves have a habbit of wearing into the seats from dust. I set them to around 0.010 in
aintgotthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:26 PM   #3
Texas001
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Slow go, backfires

Replaced the spark plugs and got same results. Turned out to be some "junk" in the carburetor. Soaked carburetor cleaner and rebuilt and she runs like a champ. Compression turned out to be 130 dry and 155 wet in each cylinder.
Texas001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO