lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2011, 10:05 PM   #1
Hardatwork
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 2 cycle oil smell

I have a 1981 2pg and I am mixing 128 to 1. My quest is to find a oil that does not smell so bad. I know that is the nature of the beast but there must be something that is not a strong as the cheap oil that I an using now. What oil are you using.

Thanks
Chuck
Hardatwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2011, 09:32 AM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2 cycle oil smell

I am using Walmart oil on the basis that it is only a golf cart. Everything works fine and it doesn't smell. However.......

http://www.pickupandracehaven.com/**...gum-111721.cfm

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:30 AM   #3
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Box View Post
I am using Walmart oil on the basis that it is only a golf cart. Everything works fine and it doesn't smell. However.......

http://www.pickupandracehaven.com/**...gum-111721.cfm

Dave
Now that's a new one! Fragrant fuel!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:52 PM   #4
Hardatwork
Gone Wild

Club Car

I 'm just wanting to get off my Golf cart and not smell like gas/oil mix.My engine cant be different then other EZGO 2 strokes just wondering what others are using for oil. Also do you smell the exhaust on your clothing after you go for a ride.

Thanks

Chuck
Old 12-12-2011, 05:15 PM   #5
tguellich
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

This is the oil I use. http://www.rejuvenateyourengine.com/
I bought it for my outboard but decided to try it after an amazing improvement in my old outboard. It really did make a difference in both motors. You may also want to try the HEI ignition conversion. Once I did that I eliminated almost all smoke and odor from my cart.

This is what I use to make the fuel smell purdy. http://www.manhattanoil.com/fuel-fragrances.php
tguellich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:06 PM   #6
Hardatwork
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tguellich View Post
This is the oil I use. http://www.rejuvenateyourengine.com/
I bought it for my outboard but decided to try it after an amazing improvement in my old outboard. It really did make a difference in both motors. You may also want to try the HEI ignition conversion. Once I did that I eliminated almost all smoke and odor from my cart.

This is what I use to make the fuel smell purdy. http://www.manhattanoil.com/fuel-fragrances.php

tguellich

Thanks for the tip it would be kinda funny for my cart to smell like a
Pina Colada or Banana Blast. BTW I have done the HEI ignition conversion seamed to me that it had a little more get up and go.

Thanks
Chuck
Old 12-12-2011, 06:45 PM   #7
1lane66
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Also you might try getting a piece of alum, pipe long enough to extend out the back. I put a piece on mine from the exhaust pipe on the muffler out the back and I don't get the smoke coming up at me ,,,Looks like a tailpipe,, works like a tailpipe.....Donald
1lane66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:48 PM   #8
tguellich
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I just saw Dave's post again. His site has the same fuel additive for less. I will try them next time I need a bottle.
tguellich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:18 AM   #9
seahunter
Not Yet Wild

It's probably a combination of two things. Carbon buildup on the pistons and running a ”dirty" oil.

To clean the carbon out of the motor, get the motor up to running temp and then begin spraying deep creep into the carburetor. Don’t kill the motor; spray just enough to keep it running. Run a ¼ can of DP thru the carburetor. Then pull the spark plug and spray a bunch of DP in the cylinder. Let it sit for 20 minutes or so then start it up and run it hard for 5-10 minutes to blow of the loose carbon. Install a new plug and you’re down the road.

Oil wise, use a synthetic or a synthetic blend. They burn lot cleaner with little to no smoke. I switch back and forth between Yamalube 2R and Maxima K-2 100% Synthetic 2-Stroke Oil. The Maxima is the better oil of the two but I can’t get it locally.

FWIW: Don't run outboard oil in a golf cart. Outboard oils are designed to work at lower operating temperature. Using outboard oil in an air cooled application will result in reduced wear protection, possibly failure
seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:48 AM   #10
1moretoy
Never really finished

Mixed Breed

My wife would not ride with me at first because of the smell...this is what I found and use. I got the grape and it really works. smells like grape popcycle when I stop.

http://www.palmerracingfuels.com/additives.htm
1moretoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO