lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2011, 01:11 PM   #1
Motorman 007
Getting Wild

Default Cart Tops

I have this question buried in another thread but is there a source for a cart top that doesn't require truck/freight shipping costs that approach $100?? I am looking for one that will fit and '83 EZGO.
Motorman 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2011, 02:33 PM   #2
Phillip
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart Tops

I found mine at a golf cart business. I just happened to be looking at a cart in front of this business and me and the salesman got to talking and I told him I was looking for a top. He said hold on a minute and when he came back, sure enough he had me a top. $50.00
So if there are any places close to you, you might want to stop and ask. Hopefully you'll get lucky.
Phillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:17 AM   #3
Ghall
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman 007 View Post
I have this question buried in another thread but is there a source for a cart top that doesn't require truck/freight shipping costs that approach $100?? I am looking for one that will fit and '83 EZGO.
you may look into shipping your top on a bus.
Ghall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:12 PM   #4
410MAN
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I hope Im not hijacking this thread, but I look for a LONGer top I put on back seat on my 09 RXV and would like to have longer top. thank U
410MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:04 AM   #5
Motorman 007
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip View Post
I found mine at a golf cart business. I just happened to be looking at a cart in front of this business and me and the salesman got to talking and I told him I was looking for a top. He said hold on a minute and when he came back, sure enough he had me a top. $50.00
So if there are any places close to you, you might want to stop and ask. Hopefully you'll get lucky.
Thanks....still looking. Happy New Year
Old 01-02-2012, 10:06 AM   #6
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

i went to my local shop to buy a hub that had hand grenaded. he had a pile of tops as he puts extended tops on everything.
882001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:13 AM   #7
Race Chaser
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman 007 View Post
I don't have a decent cart shop near where I live and was facing the same dilemma. So, I made a top for my cart out of 1"EMT and an old truck bed cover. Total cost was around $80. There are some pictures in my build thread (link below).
Race Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:58 AM   #8
Motorman 007
Getting Wild

Thanks for the replies. Does anyone have a pic of an older Marathon with a top installed. I need a look at the rear bracket and how it mounts, specifically inside or outside of the existing seat bracket. Mine is an '83.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO