lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #11
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: ezgo 2 stroke speed

Sounds good ill give that a try thanks for the pic
lady bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #12
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

I wouldn't bother with the governor, or even running it until you've gotten your exhaust straightened out.If you're blowing fuel out, that also means you're blowing lubrication out that the engine needs.I'm sure it'll run for awhile, but it seems like it would be the same as mixing the oil at 230:1 or something.
Heliarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:18 PM   #13
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

If you can do some fabrication,Get an older Ez-Go Muffler and build a pipe similar to stock as far as bends,length,diameter.That will get you going.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:59 PM   #14
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

just got my hands on a g1 exaust it needs to be cut way down but looks like i can make it work what do u guys think expamsion chamber is same diamter just about 12 inches longer
Old 06-22-2012, 10:03 PM   #15
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

i aslo noticed that the oil pump is bypassed and there is nothing plugging the intake oiling it just runs back to the oil pump that isnt evan hooked up i have been premixing but this tube not being plugged be an issue
Old 06-22-2012, 10:11 PM   #16
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

yea, get rid of that oiler crap and just jam a screw into the tube right at the banjo fitting right on the intake.Or get a bolt that screws in and put some sealant on it.If that oiler tubing is sucking air it's not going to run right.

Most people are saying 128:1 for premix, but I go 100:1 since I like to see a little smoke and I tend to push my cart hard up the mountain.Either way is safe so it's up to you.

I have no idea on the muffler so someone that knows better will have to chime in here.If it were my cart, I'd make it as close to stock as I could and run with it.Has to be better than what you have now.
Heliarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:15 AM   #17
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Plugged the intake hose wow what a diffrence helped a ton but now sometimes it runs about 23 I stop for a bit take off and can't get it faster than 12
Old 06-23-2012, 11:23 AM   #18
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Check your belt condition(side-wear and looseness)., and also your Secondary-Clutch Bushings.They get worn and the clutch won't slide properly,preventing it from shifting up(Closing the gap between the sheaves).
Old 06-24-2012, 08:01 AM   #19
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The kid i bought it from mixed 40 1 full tank could this be my issue with it being so boggy
Old 06-24-2012, 03:24 PM   #20
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Definetly,Drain the tank into a clean container and reuse the gas in something like your weedwacker,or take the time to refigure the oz./gallon mix to cut it for 128:1(1oz./gal.).I like to run 1-1/2 oz/gal.when they are ungoverned.It doesn't smoke,but its' a little extra insurance when you run hard.I ran mine that way for 3yrs. no problems with damage or fouling(same plug for 2yrs.).Also install a new plug with your new fuel-mix.The old one is probably oil-fouled.Hope this helps.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO