lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2012, 02:00 PM   #11
old231
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Engine will not turn over

Up an running! Filled the gas lines before and after the fuel pump. A very short blast of starting juice in the intake and it fired right up. Since then I found a dirt dobber that plugged the intake and choked it out. Put in the correct spark plug, new gas lines, new gas line filter and a new battery. Still playing with it and fine tuning thanks to all the other threads I have look at. No lift kits or bigger engine (yet). I'm enjoying the tinkering and learning experience. I'm cruising the dirt roads here a little bit slower but enjoying the ride. Thanks again for the help.
old231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #12
devon
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

check the compression really fast if it does not start, exauhst off and try to "rattle the piston", then i would look at the rings real quick if the piston has a slight turning motion(really shouldn't but with a 20 plus years later on it....) to it but does not move inside the sleeve all good to go. i ended up finding a bad head gasket after this lil test :)
devon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:11 PM   #13
old231
Not Yet Wild

Up and running. I put some gas in the tank, filled the gas lines before and after the fuel pump, a very small shot of starting spray in the intake and Varoom! Well it did not sound like that but it was running. Since then the correct spark plug has been installed. Replaced the gas lines and gas filter. Installed a new battery. Pulled and cleaned the carb. Removed a dirt dobber from the air cleaner intake that kept choking it out when the air filter was put in place. I'm still tinkering but can run it up and down the dirt roads here and I venture out a little bit further each time. By reading some of the other threads, I've been able to learn a bit more each time I fool with it. Next will be figuring out how to get the head lights and tail lights working. (the rear turn signals do work) No lift kit, knobby tires or bigger engine plans as of yet. Thanks again for the help.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:03 AM   #14
old231
Not Yet Wild

I kept tinkering. The speed was wide open or slow with some backfiring on occasion. Read some more about getting the butterfly to close all the way. Long story short, who ever had worked on the cart before had the throttle linkage and the auto oiler (disconnected) hooked up backwards. Wow. Big difference. Slow speed control and a super top speed. Now I can work on the lights. Thanks again to all on this forum.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO