lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
ms1sbulldog
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1995 EZGO (must choke everytime)

Hello, I am new to this site and have been a member for about 2 weeks and I have got great advice off this forum. But, now I still have a little problem. I have a 1995 medalist with the Robin 295cc and when I bought it, I serviced it. I also adjusted the valves and cleaned the carb and it was running great till 2 days ago. Now, Everytime to get it going you have to choke it. If you push the throttle it will crank but the rpms will not go high enough to work the clutch. Pull the choke out and it runs good. But if you come to a complete stop you have to choke it again. Also, after doing that for the last few days, one time after it took off it acted like it was running out of gas. So i stopped it and choked it and it ran great again. Any suggestions. I have not checked the fuel lines but I did check the fuel pump. When I pulled the hose off and pressed gas it sqirted gas about 5 inches. I also have not checked the compression. Thanks for any help.
ms1sbulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #2
birdleg1981
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1995 EZGO (must choke everytime)

Do you have to run it partially choked? If so more than likely fuel problem. If have fuel to.carb, it prolly needs clean. Make sure.none of the.intake gaskets.are leaking as well.
birdleg1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #3
ms1sbulldog
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Once you pull the choke and it starts you can push the choke all the way back in. I have done some more searching on this forum and when I get off work and am going to check and replace all fuel lines, check valves one more time, and clean the carb again. Read something on here about a week battery so i am going to throw the charger on it also.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:48 PM   #4
worqhors
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Check if your pump is working correctly. Looks like the fuel supply is not enough.
worqhors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #5
KCP3
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I had the exact symptoms today on a 1990 3PG Marathon. Pulled the carb and it was DIRTY. The bowl and both jets access through the bowl were corroded, crap everywhere.

I'd like to also just replace the fuel pump while it's apart, let me know if anyone has ideas where to get one.
KCP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #6
daldo2369
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

my 93 ezgo was doing that a couple weeks ago, and actually left me stranded in the pasture. we towed it back, I pulled and cleaned the carb checked the fuel pump same as u and got it running agian... only to have a pinging from the fuel pump. Turns out it was the screw had stripped in the hose clamp at the gastank, easy fix just a long way about it for me
daldo2369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:12 PM   #7
ms1sbulldog
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I now believe its a carb problem. A friend of mine that works on these carts alot said 95% sure lower jet it stopped up in carb. I am going to get him to clean it this time. I hope it works because hunting season is right around the corner. My plans are to use it for hunting then sell it. Thanks for all the people that responded to this post.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:45 PM   #8
worqhors
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Try this simple procedure: remove the carb bowl (the one that looks like a cup). The 10 mm screw/bolt that holds the cup is itself a jet. Just clean it. Its possible that it is clogged.
worqhors is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO