lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2013, 02:07 PM   #11
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2013 g29 3" lift and 22" tires installed!

Better pics::

dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #12
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Spent about 45min riding the cart this afternoon. Found out that anything under 12 psi makes the front a little harder to steer with the tires having such a flat profile with more surface area. I aired them up to 15 psi which is kinda high but the ride quality didnt suffer any at all and the steering takes very little effort now.

I guess the only complaint so far which isnt major is the turning radius. The 3" lift doesnt have near the turning radius as the 6" lift or the factory setup. The 6" lift uses the factory steering bracket that you remove and attach to the 6" spindle. The 3" spindle come with a steering bracket included in the kit. Im guessing that the location of the hole on the 3" setup that limits the turning radius. The factory steering bracket has two holes. The factory steering bracket will not bolt to the 3" jakes spindle. Its really not a big deal just have to plan turns and give yourself a bit more room to make the sharper turns.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:24 PM   #13
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Finally sold a few odd and ends around the house and have a few bucks on paypal so a good radio setup is next. This is what im eyeing which looks to be built very well. Its made by yamaha so you know the fitment will be spot on. I also like that its a enclosed enclosure so the speakers should have good midbass to them. Most of the overhead consoles i see are universal fit with the top portion that fits up against the roof is wide open so that any moisture, midbass, and creatures can get in or out. The ebay ones are like 150$ with no speakers and i found this one for around 200$ with speakers. What you guys think about this setup??

Old 11-02-2013, 02:31 PM   #14
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Have a coworker thats trying to sell a practically new jvc cd headunit with the usb input i feel like i can trade him some atv parts i dont need for it. I have a marine face cover so i should be good to go.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #15
robertakamagoo
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I looked at one with a jvc radio&speakers.It's made to fit the Yamaha. A site sponsor is selling them.
robertakamagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:49 PM   #16
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The OEM overhead console is the best. Quality feel, good fit, decent marine speakers, good sound. You will need a hidden antenna to put in there if you want radio stations. Also it Does fit with windshield. I have done some of the Oem ones, never used any aftermarket ones. You wont regret getting the Oem one. I have always wanted to do one with a dvd/navigation dropdown screen. Not that it is needed, but would be sweet.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:12 PM   #17
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Cgtech finally a review from someone with experience with the oem unit.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:42 PM   #18
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmachine View Post
Yes its night and day difference in the ride quality. More tire to absorb more bumpe, the wider stance makes it alot more stable when making sharp turns at higher speeds. Not tippy at all, feels very planted. I really dont understand why jakes dont advertise the 3" lift as being capable of use with 22" tires or for that matter 23" tires would still have plenty of clearance. Even when you install the 6" jakes lift on these carts they tell you to trim the rockers just the same as i did with the 3" lift. But for all the members on the fence about getting a lift and bigger tires the 3" -22" combo is ghe way to go for better usability, stability, ease of getting in and out of the cart, rear seat footrest isnt 20 feet in the air, and good ride quality.

Ill get some better pics up later today after work.
Thank you for settling that question once and for all for me. I was leaning in the direction of a 3" lift (don't want anything too radical or too high of a center of gravity), but was unsure if 22" tires would fit properly. Now I see that not only do they fit, they fit well and look good.. The only potential issue I would have is the increased width of the front end tires. I built up a 4X8' trailer to transport my cart and with the increased width, I'm afraid it wouldn't fit on the trailer any more.......

Now all I have to do is save up some money
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:23 PM   #19
dbmachine
Gone Wild

The front tires stick out the same width with either the 3" or the 6" lift. There is enough room to fit 23" tires as well if you wanted to get 23" tires. I really love this setup 100x better than the 6" setup. The only complaint is the turning radius. Here is an example of the turning radius difference. I live on a paved rural road. With the 6" lift and the oem tock heigth with no lift i could put the passenger side front tire on the white line near the shoulder of the road, turn the steering wheel as sharp as i could yo the left and when i make the turn my front passenger tire would be about 2 ft from the white line on the shoulder of the road going the other direction.

Now with the 3" lift i have to be 2 feet off in the grass on the shoulder with passenger tire and when i make the turn my same tire is about 2 feet in the grass on the shoulder going the other direction.

Im estimating maybe 5-6 foot of longer turning radius.ill take some pics comparing the oem steering bracket to the steering bracket on the 3" lift so you guys can see if i can modify the 3" bracket to have better steering radius.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:38 PM   #20
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Stock spindle and steering bracket. This is the bracket that you remove and install only on the 6" jakes spindle.

3" jakes spindle has a steering bracket already attached. Tie rod hole is further away from the spindle than the hole on the oem spindle.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha