lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2014, 12:55 PM   #1
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Default Throttle pedal adjustment

Seems like i am having to press the pedal too far down for the engine to fire. Here is a video. See what you all think. 2013 g29. Also where is the adjustments to engage earlier?

dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-23-2014, 12:56 PM   #2
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Default Re: Throttle pedal adjustment

http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/...pscf0224fc.mp4
Old 02-23-2014, 01:01 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I don't recall changing that on a G29, most older yamaha you pull the floor panel out and can screw the switch in/out to change where it comes on at, can adjust the throttle cable there also to change when the carb opens. The switch must engage (it starts cranking) before the throttle opens on engine. Most make things happen shortly after the pedal moves so they get a little more throttle, though it changes top speed only a small amount.

In the video it looks like the switch is engaging right away but the throttle is not starting until half way down or so, you need to adjust the cable in more so it starts to run sooner. I set them so the engine starts to rev when the top of pedal is about 1" in from where it starts to crank. I also set them to idle, but some don't. I find it starts up faster that way. The idle speed is a screw on top of the carb if it has one. The cable will adjust at the end usually at the pedal.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:11 PM   #4
dbmachine
Gone Wild

I pulled the floorboard and dont see anyway for adjustment at the pedal. Its attaches to the pedal in the same manner as the cable that goes into the carb. Im guessing the actuall place to adjust is back on the governor.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:36 PM   #5
dbmachine
Gone Wild

I apologize... Pulled the floorboard again and the threaded rod that makes the adjustment is covered by a firm fitting piece of rubber. All i had to do was roll back the rubber loosen the 10mm nut and take the slack out of where the cable attaches to the pedal assy. Very easy just overlooked the rod the first time around. Thanks got it cranking the engine alot sooner than the video shows.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:11 PM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

That is great you got it going better, not sure why some carts it takes off with the pedal way down.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:42 PM   #7
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Yeah me either this cart is 2013 with about 20 hours on the clock. It is adjusted and seems to start alot better.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:59 PM   #8
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Carefull, don't adjust cable #1 to tight, it could end up braking the the cable end. More likley, you'll need to adjust cable #2, it's not easy to adjust because the bracket is under the starter/generator. You still need some slack on cable #2 or you'll get backfiring.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:16 PM   #9
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Yeah i didnt get too gung ho with the adjustment. Before there were 3 threads showing between the 10mm nut and kick panel direction, now there are about 6 threads showing. Easily enough for 20 or more threads to show if cable ever wears out.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:12 PM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I usually dont need to adjust the front cable too much. I have found that the FI throttle adjustment is poor from the factory (only gets 1/2 throttle). I have been having to adjust it at the throttle body because they improperly adjusted the throttle blade too (left it part way open while at rest). I start with the throttle blade adjustment, then adjust the throttle cable at the throttle body untill the cart starts to run just when you press the pedal a little farther then when the start/stop switch engages. This is a P.I.T.A. (but faster for me) Because you have to adjust the cable from underneath in order to not remove the airbox, which is getting harder with each emissions system "upgrade". This adjustment will get you a nice speed and power upgrade, if done right.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha