lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2014, 11:27 PM   #1
CAMPERCART2013
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default fuelish

I know its a waste of money but is it unsafe for the engine to run GOOD fuel such as c10/12 /turboblue? in a cart ? 1994 G9
CAMPERCART2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2014, 04:07 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: fuelish

LOL!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:11 AM   #3
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Too hot of fuel and you'll burn the valves out maybe?
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:20 AM   #4
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I have a friend who buys av-gas at his local airport to run in all of his small engines. After having all sorts of trouble with ethanol blended fuels, his solution seems to work and he no longer has any issues with clogged carbs, absorbed water, or fuel separation. The engines actually run better, and are easier to start.
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:40 AM   #5
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Just try to find some regular non ethanol fuel in your area if possible.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:35 AM   #6
gscalifornia
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thankfully in our neck of the woods we can still get non-oxygenated premium gas (91-93 octane) for about $.50 more per gallon than the oxygenated ethanol stuff.

It's all I run in all my small engines including the cart and it solved all my issues with rotted rubber fuel lines, plugged filters, and having to run stuff dry before storage.
gscalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:00 AM   #7
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Yeah that ethanol is the devil for small engines. I use a fuel conditioner, but I don't know if it really works or not. I can't find non-ethanol fuel anywhere, except the race fuel sold locally, and that's like $8 a gallon. It should run better with pure gasoline, the alcohol throws off the power, it doesn't mix well and can separate if it sits a long time, and is not accurate from station to station. Wish I could afford the race fuel.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:07 AM   #8
Cvans
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
I have a friend who buys av-gas at his local airport to run in all of his small engines. After having all sorts of trouble with ethanol blended fuels, his solution seems to work and he no longer has any issues with clogged carbs, absorbed water, or fuel separation. The engines actually run better, and are easier to start.
This just can't be true. Our government says it isn't so and we all know they would never mislead us!
Cvans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:41 AM   #9
CAMPERCART2013
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I only burn the no corn gas mid grade @ fleet farm is non ethanol that's all I run in everything. I just love the smell of race fuel! Pretty sure it would run cooler? I still run benol in weed wacker and ice auger!
CAMPERCART2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha