lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2014, 10:17 AM   #11
KingPin
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Cart dies after driving for awhile

Bump - I recently found that my g16 is doing the same thing here. I've been through hoses, spark plugs, fuel lines, vacuum lines, air filter, carb, finally ending at the conclusion that it must be the Crank Seals. However I'm having trouble finding instruction on proper tear down and replacement for the crank seals.

Best of luck to you on yours; I know what I'm doing on my wife's garage over the winter now :)
KingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2014, 07:54 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Cart dies after driving for awhile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPin View Post
Bump - I recently found that my g16 is doing the same thing here. I've been through hoses, spark plugs, fuel lines, vacuum lines, air filter, carb, finally ending at the conclusion that it must be the Crank Seals. However I'm having trouble finding instruction on proper tear down and replacement for the crank seals.

Best of luck to you on yours; I know what I'm doing on my wife's garage over the winter now :)
On a G16 like yours, the coil is almost always the problem based on your description (yamaha calls it a TCI). I have never seen crank seals go bad enough to cause a G16 to run bad. If you had a G1 2-cycle, that would be a different story (i have seen plenty of those go bad). On a 2-cycle engine, the fuel mixture is drawn through the crankcase, any extra air allowed into the crankcase on a 2-cycle engine will cause a lean condition, eventually destroying the engine. Things dont work like that on a 4-cycle engine like you have, a bad crank seal is just a oil leak. A crank seal leak on a air cooled 4-cycle engine could still cause damage though, leaked oil collects dirt (and grass and other golfy stuff), which will block the air passages that are needed to cool the engine.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha