lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2014, 01:13 PM   #1
panteramatt
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default sticky throttle

Ok so I put the plowmans performance kit on my 97 g16. Didnt get much performance and it would probally only do 10 mph going up hill. Don told me when I bought it that I shouldnt have my throttle cable directly on my carb that I should just drill the governor arm. So I put it all back together today and it starts fine in nuetral but if I give it half throttle it sticks and idles at half throttle til I push the governor arm back. Pretty sure I hooked everything back correctly but the throttle cable that goes to the pedal to the spring on the governor seems tight no matter how I adjust it. Could that be the problem? Why does it only idle afte rI give it half throttle?
panteramatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2014, 01:26 PM   #2
panteramatt
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: sticky throttle

No matter what I do I cant get any slack in the long cable at the governor end. Theres slack at the pedal though. It does go from the pedal to the bracket on the right side of the rear and attaches to the spring right? It seems awful long as its kinda just hangin inder there now.
panteramatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha