lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2014, 06:01 PM   #1
ts5089
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G1 Crankshaft seal problem?

This cart I have is getting to be a pain in the Azz. I broke a piston some time back, rebuilt the motor (bored 1mm over, milled the head, ported the cylinder and advanced the timing). The thing has never performed the way it did before(28mph before and since the best I got was 24mph gps). Got it running put about 2 miles on it and it blew out the clutch side seal. I had removed the oil pump housing and thought that was why it blew out (no support for that large of a seal). Put another seal in and reinstalled the empty oil pump housing and it ran good for about a month. This last weekend we were playing golf cart soccer and I think I got it hot and damaged another seal? Ran all that night but the next day when I cooled off it wont fire. Has spark, gas, new plug, etc.
Did a compression check and only have 60-75psi? That seems awful weak for a new motor? Pulled it apart and the seal don't look that bad, but how do you tell? Should I just replace it again?

Sorry so long, but wanted to give details. Any HELP will be much appreciated.
MIKE
ts5089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-05-2014, 06:14 PM   #2
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Default Re: G1 Crankshaft seal problem?

That's too low of compression for the motor to run. What was the compression after the rebuild? The crank seal won't bring the compression up far enough to make a difference. Did you check to see if maybe the head gasket of base gasket has failed?
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:42 PM   #3
Field6565
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989Marathon View Post
That's too low of compression for the motor to run. What was the compression after the rebuild? The crank seal won't bring the compression up far enough to make a difference. Did you check to see if maybe the head gasket of base gasket has failed?
Agee ..... Top end needs a rebuild. Order the kit that comes with a new jug. It takes the guess work out of it.
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 12:38 PM   #4
ts5089
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Could the bottom gasket had been blowing out I had the head come loose a couple weeks ago? it was tore when I took it apart but I could have done that too I guess. Might just leave the gasket out and Permatex it and see if it runs.
ts5089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha