lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2021, 04:20 PM   #21
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Emergency Dead Lithium Help

Yes, wise choice to move on.

There are similar pouch style cells on AliExpress if you don’t want to modify your setup too much.

Cheers
Pat.
Pat911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2021, 06:19 PM   #22
Silenttrouble
Not Yet Wild

I'm afraid of the Ali express batteries, the fear mongering has gotten to me.

Supposedly:
Over stated specs
Higher chance of fire (poor manufacturing techniques or qc)
Little to no recourse on $1500 spend

I don't know how founded they are but people got me afraid.

I did find out today the new leaf 7s3p would fit perfectly. And at a good price, I saw bumblebee sold guys here 95% ish health for 800 ish dollars. I'd be all over that because I'm desperate but alas they are out so I'm scanning the net every day hoping to stumble on them.
Silenttrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 06:09 AM   #23
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

I’ve bought many pieces of electronics from AliExpress and Alibaba and haven’t had one bad experience yet, although I haven’t purchased any li-ion cells as I have plenty of gen1 Leaf cells to keep me busy for a while. When they run out I will definitely purchase new cells from AliExpress/Alibaba as opposed to sourcing reclaimed cells. My new to me 65Ah gen1 modules are measuring only about 40Ah. That’s a waste of space and weight.

As for overrated specs, check the size and weight of the cells you’re considering and compare them between sellers. If one seller has the same physical spec cell, but is claiming higher capacity than other sellers, even only 10%, chances are they’re lying. By comparing the same physical cell from different sellers you can get a pretty good idea of capacity.

If you’re worried about safety then go for lifepo4, they’re much less prone to catching fire but they have a lower energy density than Lithium Polymer. Lithium Polymer (LiPo) is safe when used within its specs. I do understand your concern regarding quality control and safety but where do you think most of the reclaimed cells you can buy were originally manufactured?

I do agree that warranty will be an issue, mainly due to shipping costs, but if you pay with PayPal you can dispute the original transaction if goods aren’t what they have been represented as.

Food for thought

Cheers
Pat.
Pat911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 09:26 AM   #24
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I have stopped dealing directly with China companies for anything of value. Shipping takes a long and variable amount of time and dealing with warranty returns is a crap shoot at best.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 09:52 AM   #25
Silenttrouble
Not Yet Wild

That's fair,

As far as where do they come from I feel a lot better about Korean standards than China. But maybe that's me being unfair.
Silenttrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium