lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-24-2019, 05:35 PM   #11
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: more speed and torque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky View Post
The hills aren't real big, no lift kit and my tires are bigger than stock. I am not going to lift it, I have a back seat and heavy duty rear leaf springs. I am really fine with the speed but if I got a couple mph extra, ok. What I really want is a little more oomph up the hills.
BIGGER CONTROLLER, END OF STORY...

Bought a refurb club car with SC4 installed and 3 year old batteries. Had trouble with the smallest hills. Replaced batteries and could now least ride around most of our hilly HOA but there were several hilly road that I could not do. Replaced cables with 2 gauge and found no joy. Replaced the motor with an HP one and still no joy. Replaced the controller and solenoid with 500 amp and there I found joy with no paved hill being out of my reach within the HOA... In fact I'm the only person in the HOA to have an electric cart that can venture the entire subdivision, most dont leave their circle or switch to gas...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2019, 06:23 PM   #12
Out2Sea
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky View Post
I am really fine with the speed but if I got a couple mph extra, ok. What I really want is a little more oomph up the hills.
More oomph = more amps. 300 could be enough, 400 most likely, 500 open up the wallet and be the person to beat.
Out2Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 07:49 PM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have an Alltrax XCT 500 and 400 amp Solenoid from ScottyB in my 2010 Precedent with the stock ADC Motor.

The increase in torque and top speed is very noticeable (I have it limited to 26mph), but the Motor HP increase which is what You need to go fast up hill is only marginal in my opinion.

I will probably upgrade my Motor once I can decide if the torque or speed motor will give me the boost at the correct rpm, and then I just have to set the XCT to max and I am ready to go.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 09:43 AM   #14
Icky
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks people, controller it is!
Icky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 01:46 PM   #15
Icky
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
I have an Alltrax XCT 500 and 400 amp Solenoid from ScottyB in my 2010 Precedent with the stock ADC Motor.

The increase in torque and top speed is very noticeable (I have it limited to 26mph), but the Motor HP increase which is what You need to go fast up hill is only marginal in my opinion.

I will probably upgrade my Motor once I can decide if the torque or speed motor will give me the boost at the correct rpm, and then I just have to set the XCT to max and I am ready to go.
Did you also change out the battery cables?
Old 09-16-2019, 01:53 PM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had already changed my battery and motor cables to 4ga (using a stud through the OBC) before I got the XCT controller.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 01:56 PM   #17
Icky
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
I had already changed my battery and motor cables to 4ga (using a stud through the OBC) before I got the XCT controller.
Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car