lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2019, 03:27 PM   #1
sbancewicz
Not Yet Wild

Default 05 Club Car DS

Intermittent throttle response.

Throttle isn’t always responding, replaced solenoid, run/tow switch and F/R Switch.

48volts fully charged reading 50.

Any thoughts on why my GC is stalling? It’s happening occasionally at start and while moving.

Thanks in advance
Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sbancewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-22-2019, 03:32 PM   #2
sonofagunn
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 05 Club Car DS

Does it only happen when the cart is warmed up, or even at a cold start?

If it only happens when warmed up, you can touch all the battery cable terminals and motor posts to see if one or more is a lot hotter than the others (the ones on the motor will naturally be a bit hotter than the battery ones). That would be a sign of a bad cable or connection and would be an easy fix.

If it happens even when cold, I think the likely suspects are not the parts you replaced, but rather the MCOR (throttle) or motor. I am not an expert so hopefully others will chime in to correct me or confirm.
sonofagunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 06:58 PM   #3
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

micro switch inside the mcor...Remove the two pin connector from it and jump the connector with a paper clip or similar...Happened to my 05 ds...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 07:48 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

As mentioned above, when it is intermittent usually the MS or the potentiometer has an issue. Replace the MCOR. https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/mcors

Revolution Golf Cars - David Hicks for an OEM replacement.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 10:33 AM   #5
sbancewicz
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all the feedback. Miraculously in the last few days it’s been working fine. I bought a new MCOR anyway to have on hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sbancewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car