lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2020, 09:54 PM   #11
fstop
Gone Wild

Default Re: 72V AC Drive Precedent Progress

Thanks for posting.

Were those peak 240-250 amp spikes full accel?

What does amp draw look like on level ground, cruising 25mph steady?

Are you using the dealer app or do you have access to the engineering app for Navitas?
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2020, 08:15 AM   #12
dougrobling
Getting Wild
Club Car

The 240A peaks were full acceleration up hills

We do t have a “level” spot in our subdivision, but I will find the closest thing to it and make a 25mph run and see...

I am using the Dealer App. (You have to have it to set your speed limit above 25mph)
dougrobling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 09:05 AM   #13
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougrobling View Post
The 240A peaks were full acceleration up hills

We do t have a “level” spot in our subdivision, but I will find the closest thing to it and make a 25mph run and see...

I am using the Dealer App. (You have to have it to set your speed limit above 25mph)
Nice how 72v -vs- 51v mitigates battery current demand.

My guess is inverter efficiency is also higher (better range...) at 72v.

With 120ah @ 72v you should have ridiculous range. I know you have hills, but you should be in good shape under most any scenario.
Old 02-18-2020, 11:12 AM   #14
NBE
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstop View Post
I went with a RoyPow battery but knew a 72v solution would be better, but wasn't quite ready to do the China thing.
Are you meaning the "ordering from China" thing or buying something manufactured in China?

Reason I asked is, isn't the RoyPow made in China? Seems I remember seeing that somewhere.

Thanks!

Brad
NBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 01:25 PM   #15
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBE View Post
Are you meaning the "ordering from China" thing or buying something manufactured in China?

Reason I asked is, isn't the RoyPow made in China? Seems I remember seeing that somewhere.

Thanks!

Brad
You are correct - but I was referring to the ordering / shipping process. Should have made that more clear.

I think all of the viable options are probably manufactured in China (maybe all options period - not sure).
Old 02-18-2020, 01:59 PM   #16
NBE
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks! Kind of figured that.

I looked about a year ago at several lithium battery packs manufactured in China but they wanted an outrageous amount to ship them. Way more than $400.

Now I'm wondering which is cheaper? Having one made to specs in China and shipped or buying a RoyPow locally?
Old 02-18-2020, 03:53 PM   #17
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBE View Post
Thanks! Kind of figured that.

I looked about a year ago at several lithium battery packs manufactured in China but they wanted an outrageous amount to ship them. Way more than $400.

Now I'm wondering which is cheaper? Having one made to specs in China and shipped or buying a RoyPow locally?
Don't think you're likely to do better than the RoyPow, depending on what price you work out with the dealer. Plus there is a 5 year warranty (I think there is at least a good chance they'll be around to deliver on it - not so with a DIY pack and very likely not with anything purchased directly from China).

I also worked out a trial with my dealer, so if there was some issue (pack couldn't deliver amperage, shutdowns, any other issues) I could return it to him since there was no info on the pack at that time. Never had any issues though.

I just wish they had a 72v option, which would never happen because it isn't mainstream. What I have is actually perfect for all-around use, but I'd love the occasional additional power the 72v would deliver.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:35 AM   #18
dougrobling
Getting Wild
Club Car

I was a little more comfortable with my China purchase as I found a manufacturer that was very communicative and was willing to be paid through PayPal instead of the Alibaba payment system.
I really believe the 72V battery is the way to go with the AC systems as it puts out 50% more power than an equivalent 48V system with the same 200A BMS

Yes it did cost $400 to ship, but was still a great deal compared to anything I found sourced locally. Roughly $1,800 for the battery ($2200 total to my door)

I decided to upgrade my charger to a Delta-Q and the battery manufacturer has once again been very helpful in providing the data required by Delta-Q to develop my custom charging algorithm.
dougrobling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 02:50 PM   #19
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougrobling View Post
I was a little more comfortable with my China purchase as I found a manufacturer that was very communicative and was willing to be paid through PayPal instead of the Alibaba payment system.
I really believe the 72V battery is the way to go with the AC systems as it puts out 50% more power than an equivalent 48V system with the same 200A BMS

Yes it did cost $400 to ship, but was still a great deal compared to anything I found sourced locally. Roughly $1,800 for the battery ($2200 total to my door)

I decided to upgrade my charger to a Delta-Q and the battery manufacturer has once again been very helpful in providing the data required by Delta-Q to develop my custom charging algorithm.
Sent you a PM the other day for some particulars on your battery, vendor, shipping, charger etc... Let me know when you get a chance. Thanks
Old 02-20-2020, 06:00 PM   #20
NBE
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstop View Post
Sent you a PM the other day for some particulars on your battery, vendor, shipping, charger etc... Let me know when you get a chance. Thanks
I didn't send a PM but I would like the info too please!

Or you could post it in here for all to see.

Thanks!

Brad
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car