lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2020, 03:01 PM   #11
ez007
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 03 club car ds iq needs more power getting up hills

was wanting to get 23-25 flat and up hills.think the alltrax300 controller would do that?batteries are less than a year old. so they should be good. do have stuck tires for now going to probably put 14inch rims with 20inch tires. .
ez007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2020, 03:43 PM   #12
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez007 View Post
.... do have stuck tires for now going to probably put 14inch rims with 20inch tires. .
So you have a lift kit?
Larger tires will rub in the front without a lift kit.
Ours has slightly larger than stock tires and 3/4" worth of lift plates in the front - it rubs a little on one side in a sharp turn thru a gutter.
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 04:47 PM   #13
ez007
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&TBabich View Post
So you have a lift kit?
Larger tires will rub in the front without a lift kit.
Ours has slightly larger than stock tires and 3/4" worth of lift plates in the front - it rubs a little on one side in a sharp turn thru a gutter.
thinking about a 4" lift. don't really want a 6.
Old 11-08-2020, 05:51 PM   #14
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

You want to do 23+ mph up hill with 20" tires?
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 06:44 PM   #15
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakko47 View Post
You want to do 23+ mph up hill with 20" tires?
Agreed. You’re going to need a lot more than just a 300A controller to make that happen. My 48v series DS would do around 30mph flat ground, but drop to 18-20 up really steep hills. It had a 400A controller, admiral motor, big wires, solenoid, etc. nothing was stock in that cart. I hear the AC carts do much better up hills but I’ve never had one so I can’t say for sure.

My gas carts all did awesome on hills. Even the steepest hills they didn’t lose any speed at all as long as the clutches and belt are good. My carryall with 25” tires would do 23-25mph flat, hills, didn’t matter and it didn’t care. My ezgo with a lifan swap would do 20mph no matter what you pointed it at on 23” tires. That cart was fun. But I’ve never had an electric cart climb hills like a gasser. Not to say they CANT but it won’t be a cheap endeavor to accomplish this...
CP241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 05:41 AM   #16
kantuckian
Gone Wild

Good Info Thanks
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 06:54 PM   #17
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

My biggest speed improvement on my cart was when I switched to Lithium Batteries. It was the combination of the reduced weight and the increased battery voltage.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 10:25 PM   #18
Hkspwrsche
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
My DS is a 2008. Stock except I got a speed magnet from revolution. It will run 20-22mph flat ground and around 17-18 up really big hills. Hills really don’t affect it a ton. For 20 or 30 bucks or whatever I paid for the magnet, I can’t really say I need or want anything more out of it.

If you’re noticing major performance loss on hills, before upgrading anything make sure a few things I’ve noticed. Look at the front of the hole where the gas pedal goes through the floor. You will see where the little rod coming off the pedal makes contact with the sensor. Make sure this is tight and doesn’t have slop. Also make sure your cables and connections are clean and secure and in good condition. Bad cables will play hell on hills where current demand goes high

I’m not sure how old your batteries are but might be worth monitoring pack voltage as well and make sure it’s not dipping low.

Before I added the speed magnet my iq would do 14-15mph regardless of flat
Ground or hills, once I took the slop out of the pedal. It was actually a nice change compared to my series DS before it
This is what I was going to say. One weak battery would let it drop to 12 mph up hill. With all new batteries mine was uphill, down hill and flat all the same 15 mph. I considered the speed magnet but, I live in a neighborhood with a few other carts and no one wants to be the slowest. I’ve got the cables, 500a controller and speed motor from Dave now. It’s as quick as I’ll ever need it!
Hkspwrsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 03:37 PM   #19
ez007
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkspwrsche View Post
This is what I was going to say. One weak battery would let it drop to 12 mph up hill. With all new batteries mine was uphill, down hill and flat all the same 15 mph. I considered the speed magnet but, I live in a neighborhood with a few other carts and no one wants to be the slowest. I’ve got the cables, 500a controller and speed motor from Dave now. It’s as quick as I’ll ever need it!
ok.... just ordered the navitas 440 controller, guess ill start there. only got 2k into the cart. so should at least be able to get my money back if i don't get the results I'm after.
Old 11-12-2020, 06:45 PM   #20
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Where did you order your Navitas from?
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car