lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2011, 06:01 PM   #1
texoma
Not Yet Wild

Default looking to buy my first golf cart

new to the forum, and looking at buying my first used golf cart most likley an ezgo. What are some of the things i need to look for? modle,year? I want to use it on my land for hunting and odds and ends, will want to lift it and add tires and wheels for off road use. what will i have to do or should i do to the power system? not worried about speed but torque. thanks Daniel
texoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2011, 07:28 PM   #2
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

Default Re: looking to buy my first golf cart

You want a series TXT, a series has the F/R handle on the bulkhead by you knees, and has no switch on the controller cover. Where is your location? Can you give me more details on what you are looking for? The biggest thing to look out for is battery condition, new batteries run around $600 in my location, If you want to add torque/speed you might want to do a 48 volt conversion making the subject of battery condition irrelevant. The other thing to look out for is rust, besides that if it drives good it is most likely fine.
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:50 PM   #3
texoma
Not Yet Wild

from texas, have property on the red river, wanting to have something to ride around during hunting season that is quiet. but like it to be usefull for other things. hauling corn to feeders, doing fence repair and of course playing. i have a few hills nothing major, and some sandy areas. want something that i do not have to run back to the cabin every hour to charge. How do they hold up in cold temps? thanks for the info
Old 11-05-2011, 08:09 PM   #4
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

batteries hold less charge at cold temps, but properly broken in batteries last about 2 hours of constant street use in normal temps. Series cars are best for off road use, the newer PDS style can overheat and damage the controller. As long as you charge every night you should be fine. How many miles do you think you will drive each day?
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:29 PM   #5
texoma
Not Yet Wild

we have 320 acres, so i am guessing 4-5 miles, but if my 10 year old is on it who knows how many miles it would be driven. how low can you run the batteries before you do damage to them? thanks for the help legendary.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:01 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Stationed at Sheppard back in the 70's.

It is good to see your are doing your homework to find out what is best for your needs instead of jumping in blind like many do.
You are getting Excellent info from LGC.

No matter what cart you get, the batteries will more or less make or break it.
Put as much effort into learning how to take care of golf cart batteries as you are putting into learning about golf carts so you can chose which to buy, and you'll do okay.

Go to ScottyB' website and read everything on the menu (top left) that has the word "Battery" or "Batteries" in it.

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/

Many try not to discharge their battery pack below 70% and never below 50%, but how many miles that is depends on the cart. Some carts will come equipped with a SoC (State of Charge) meter, but a dash mounted DVM will tell you exactly what the voltage is.

If youv'e still got battery questions after reading the tutorials, ask away, you'll get answers here.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:42 AM   #7
texoma
Not Yet Wild

thanks for the help Johnnieb, i am sure i will have more questions
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO