lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-28-2011, 07:39 PM   #1
hogasm
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Heavy duty F/R switch

What heavy duty F/R switch are you using in your cart?

Do you recommend it? or would you rebuild your regular switch
hogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-28-2011, 07:58 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: Heavy duty F/R switch

Here's one that a lot use

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Home_Page.html
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:09 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The Ezgo rotary F&R switch is a pretty simple design... It was designed for the stock cart doing golf duty, so when you get big tires out in the woods you need to beef it up or it will turn into a point of resistance which equals heat, which ends in failure.
I have seen this part fail in stock carts with a cargo box in hilly terrain. It doesn't take much .... but it can be upgraded simply in minutes with the heavy duty rotary cam I sell. After some added R&D on the original HD switch cam last spring I introduced my Ultra Cool switch cam. This cam ran up to 80 degrees cooler in our test cart. That's all we sell anymore. They are heavier and disperse more heat quicker than anything out there. The switch cam can be installed in a healthy F&R in minutes without disconnecting any wires and add years of dependable service to the carts F&R switch.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:21 PM   #4
hogasm
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The Ezgo rotary F&R switch is a pretty simple design... It was designed for the stock cart doing golf duty, so when you get big tires out in the woods you need to beef it up or it will turn into a point of resistance which equals heat, which ends in failure.
I have seen this part fail in stock carts with a cargo box in hilly terrain. It doesn't take much .... but it can be upgraded simply in minutes with the heavy duty rotary cam I sell. After some added R&D on the original HD switch cam last spring I introduced my Ultra Cool switch cam. This cam ran up to 80 degrees cooler in our test cart. That's all we sell anymore. They are heavier and disperse more heat quicker than anything out there. The switch cam can be installed in a healthy F&R in minutes without disconnecting any wires and add years of dependable service to the carts F&R switch.
so what is the difference in your complete switch with cool buss bars....rebuilding your old switch with your switch cam...and does the copper lug kit come on the complete switch?
hogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:43 PM   #5
Sticks&strings
Not Yet Wild

Scottyb, what's this cost and how would I tell if mine has already been upgraded?
Sticks&strings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:04 PM   #6
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogasm View Post
What heavy duty F/R switch are you using in your cart?

Do you recommend it? or would you rebuild your regular switch
I highly recommend the HD Switch Cam from Carts Unlimited as long as your F/R switch assembly has not been previously damaged by heat or wear. It's the bombdiggity as an upgrade!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...m-install.html
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO