lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #21
rib33024

Default Re: Big, exploded, labeled pic of F/R assembly?

Can't say it no better than that ^ ScottyB, - live and learn
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You know some of the stuff we say is easy is pure Greek to somebody else. We are guilty of making everything sound easy to fix on a golf cart... People who would never think of working on their automobile or lawn mower are lulled into believing anybody can fix a golf cart.... but in reality the cute little miniature electric cars are portable DC welders on wheels.

Every GC tech has paid their dues in trials and errors.

Long gone are the days when my brother & sisters called me 'touch & wreck'
But those were the valuable mistakes that I know call experience.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:11 PM   #23
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I hope it didn't sound like I thought carts are easy to fix! No way! Plus, I think the guy I bought it from may have wired it funkily. (remember.....he put the light switch clear over on the left side of the dash so it was really hard to repair, after the mice chewed it. Who knows what else is wired funkily). It might have been a blessing for him to close up shop. haha

I've called about 5 golf courses. One says they go with an EZGO place 90 miles from here; one said no one could help; one said he could help, but can't pick it up since he doesn't own a trailer; and a couple haven't answered their phones.
If my cart didn't work at all, you'd better believe I'd find somebody soon.........and even buy a trailer if they couldn't pick it up.
I know there have to be alot of people out there who could probably fix it, but don't work for golf courses. I've called the places we get our lawn equipment fixed and they didn't know of anyone.
I guess I could put an ad in the paper and interview people. haha
I want to be able to fix the easy stuff though. I didn't know if this reverse problem was easy or not.
I'll try loosening that bolt slightly and see if it helps.
One thing I did notice was many times, if I would really yank the reverse knob hard so that it hits the end of its path hard, it would work. Not sure what that means.
Too bad some of you guys aren't my neighbors. I'd probably bug the hell out of ya. haha
Thanks again.
Silverstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:20 PM   #24
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If you were my neighbor I would fix it in a minute

Can you find some other golf cart owners and ask for a referral? That beats all the guess work.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #25
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Scotty! :)
I did loosen that main bolt a little, and it didn't seem to make a difference. But still, if I turn the Reverse knob really hard to its end position, it tends to work. Any ideas why it works then, and not if I go slower and more gently on the R knob?
Old 04-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #26
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstreak View Post
Thanks Scotty! :)
I did loosen that main bolt a little, and it didn't seem to make a difference. But still, if I turn the Reverse knob really hard to its end position, it tends to work. Any ideas why it works then, and not if I go slower and more gently on the R knob?
It seems the F&R handle, linkage, & the switch cam pivot shaft (X) which are all connected do not travel as far when pushed gently as they do when slammed into gear. Apparently a slamming of the lever pushes the Switch cam far enough to properly align the contacts whereas a gentle push does not.

I only know what is required to make the switch work, I have not seen your switch. So now you have to be my eyes.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:39 PM   #27
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Scotty.
I'm not sure pictures would help at all, would they?
I discovered today that the rusted screw (under the seat) that connects the F/R knob to the rod that goes to the F/R assembly, is not as tight as it could be. I'll need to try to get rid of some of that rust and try to tighten it up. I'm not sure that will help.......
I know I'm thinking too small........but maybe it will let that rod work better.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO