lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Default $608 for a set of 12v Trojans - fair?

There is only one place in my small town that carries golf cart batteries and they have some name brand I never heard of and can't remember. They quoted me $195 each for them. So, my last weekend down at the lake campground, I stopped into the local cart shop and asked about a set of batteries. They quoted me $152 each for 4 Trojan T-1275's. I probably would have bought them on the spot if I was prepared but I didn't have the old batteries with me and the shop closed soon after I left on Saturday and I moved everything back home on Sunday. I'm trying to see if I should pursue other brands, models, prices, dealers or if this was a very fair deal and I should go back and get a set. I'm not the type that spends a lot of time shopping around to save a penny or a relatively small amount. If I like the customer service and the price is fair, I'll go with it. These people certainly know carts and were very helpful and friendly. I just wasn't prepared with the old batteries and the core charge was like $37 each.

Thoughts?
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: $608 for a set of 12v Trojans - fair?

while i don,t use 12 volts at all that seems more than a fair price but maybe wait for a few members here who have 12 volts and had to buy them.....if i remember right it seems they were in the 800 dollar range for a set of those................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:20 PM   #3
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Thanks shadow. I'm not sure what the specs are compared to other batteries, but I notice they have a T-1275 and a T-1275 plus on the Trojan website. The specs seem to be the same but the plus has individual hole covers while the other has the triple hole covers - not sure why that is.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:35 PM   #4
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Good deal...Trojan T1275's at my shop = $160 a piece or $684.80 a set with taxes included....
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:03 PM   #5
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Trojans 1275's in my area go for $200ea. I picked up US batteries for $159ea.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:13 PM   #6
JohnDaMan
Getting Wild
Club Car

Not a bad price
JohnDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car