lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2014, 03:53 PM   #21
crash test dummy

Default Re: 97 DS 48 volt solenoid clicks and won't move and charger won't turn on

i suggested this to get cart batteries up to enough volts to get charger to work i.. if you are over 48v and charger works on another cart but not yours then it is the OBC
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2014, 06:31 PM   #22
grandpa1
Gone Wild

Default Re: 97 DS 48 volt solenoid clicks and won't move and charger won't turn on

One question about the bypass on the obc. I have the gray wire with the fuse to main ground. Do I take the wire that goes to the negative side of the charger port and cut it when it comes out and into the harness or do I just splice it into that wire?
grandpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:04 PM   #23
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The idea is to get the negative wire coming from the charger socket to go directly to the pack negative.
If the charger runs at 12+ amps, then the OBC was limiting the charger current and it is bad.
If the current is the same, you should fix whatever is causing that problem first.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:09 PM   #24
grandpa1
Gone Wild

OK I just did it and charger is running wide open. Next question is I need a new charger. Do I just do a bypass somehow and get another charger that will run correct with the bypass or replace obc and get the charger for that system
Old 05-21-2014, 07:15 PM   #25
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think due to the overpriced cost of the OBC, the consensus here is to buy a new DPI charger and maybe sell your charger to offset some of the cost.

You would also need to by-pass the solenoid activation circuit, but it is not hard.

Edit: just looked at your schematic, the yellow wiring coming from the negative side of the solenoid coil needs go to directly to pack negative in order to by-pass the OBC solenoid lockout feature.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:36 PM   #26
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
I think due to the overpriced cost of the OBC, the consensus here is to buy a new DPI charger and maybe sell your charger to offset some of the cost.

You would also need to by-pass the solenoid activation circuit, but it is not hard.
DPI

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/48v_Battery_Charger.html

instructions come with the DPI charger when used on the cart to by bass OBC

them in PDF
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DPI_Club_Car_Wiring_Bypass_Diagram.pdf (243.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-21-2014, 07:42 PM   #27
grandpa1
Gone Wild

Thank y'all so much for the help and advice on this. I am very thankful.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:04 AM   #28
grandpa1
Gone Wild

Good morning. I have one more question I have another 48 volt charger for an ezgo. Can I just change the cord and use it with this cart.also can someone tell me how to complete the full bypass so this will work. Thank you
Old 05-22-2014, 09:48 AM   #29
crash test dummy

yes you can change the cord ,, but why? if your OBC is bad it wont matter what charger you use

you have 3 choices
  1. get a DPI charger $ 285 +s/h
  2. replace the OBC $ 287 + s/h
  3. get a Club Car DS On Board Computer Replacement $139 + s/h
Old 05-22-2014, 01:21 PM   #30
grandpa1
Gone Wild

ITurns out the original charger is working fine now. Just have to put a timer on it or do it the right way and replace the obc. Where can I get an obc for 139?.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car