lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2014, 07:10 PM   #11
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Default Re: DS Immediately Stopped @ WOT

Replace the battery. Resetting the obc will do nothing for the bad batt. You will over charge the pack trying to get the one batt up.
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2014, 07:18 PM   #12
IronOtter
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

10-4, so is that one battery pretty much guaranteed shot given it's low charge and negative draw under load?
IronOtter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:19 PM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

That one battery is the #1 cause of all your problems, get rid of it (theres no saving it). Trying to charge that set with that bad one on there is not healthy for the other batteries either.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 06:42 AM   #14
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

As stated, replace battery. Charge fully. recheck your numbers. How old are the batteries? If they are really old consider a new pack. Because you stated you ran them low on water make sure to keep your eye on them, also consider a digital voltage meter like the one Scotty sells.

Good luck !!

M

PS - Welcome to BGW !!
InVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:05 AM   #15
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Check your local golf cart shops for a good used battery that matches the amp hour rating and if possible the date of manufacture. That will buy you some time, but eventually you're looking at a new set of batteries.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:51 PM   #16
IronOtter
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks guys. I finally got around to replacing the battery. It was indeed the problem. The cart ran fine as soon as I got it in. I drove around and then played the radio for about 30 minutes. When I put it back on the charger last night, the charger tripped the breaker again but I'm not sure how long it had run. I plugged it back in this a.m. and the charger ran for roughly 8 hours until I unplugged it this afternoon. The charger was running around 10 amps at that point and I didn't want to overcharge it. The pack measured at 54 volts so close to a complete charge. The new battery was at 8.5. The rest were at 8.8.

I guess my question now is, is it ok to charge the entire pack with that one new battery or do I need to try and pull it back out and find another charger to get it closer to fully charged?

Do the club car chargers pop the little breaker out when they hit full charge? I thought they just shut off typically...

Last edited by IronOtter; 06-09-2014 at 05:55 PM.. Reason: Clarify charging cycle.
IronOtter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solenoid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car