lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2014, 11:47 AM   #1
catch2237
Not Yet Wild

Default New to Carts - got a 1992 and need advice

My wife and I received a 1992 Club Car DS 36v golf cart when her grandfather passed. I am new to the golf cart world and this website has helped me alot so far. I was able to locate the serial number and determine it was a '92 and that is was 36v. (i was told it was a '98 and that it was a 48v but Im not complaining because it was free)

Overall, the cart is in good shape for its age. Body is fine, roof, seat, and windshield are in great shape and the brakes seem strong. Batteries (crown) I think are about 1 yr old and it has a brand new charger. Its a stock cart that has no upgrades that I know of.

When I heard that we were getting the cart, I had great thoughts of putting a 4-5 inch lift on it and dressing it up with some knobby tires and putting a camo wrap on it.

I have a few main questions.
1. Is a cart that age worth putting $$ into it (lift, tires, wrap etc)
2. What are the other major items that I need to look at before putting money into it?
3. I wanted to put a rear flip seat on it, but I dont think its strong enough for 4 adults?

thanks in advance for any advice. I have always had atvs and this is a new venture to me.
catch2237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2014, 12:42 PM   #2
sjfishon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New to Carts - got a 1992 and need advice

I have a 97, the year really doesn't matter, if its taken care of, carts are built tough,, if you have new bats, and charger, and the cart acts like new,, then it is;;;;;;;;;;;; good luck , oh yea don't think you will ever be done playing with it, that don't happen till the day you sell it''''''''''
sjfishon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:33 PM   #3
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Go to member rides and go to second page and look for 93yellowclubcar and read his build. He is totally happy and loves his cart. If it's in good shape and needs a little tlc take the plunge and make it yours. I think he gets 25 mph on 36v.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:38 PM   #4
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Sorry didn't answer one of your questions. I would trace all wiring check for corrosion loose connections, acid spots, rust, bushings, bearings greased, ball joints , brakes etc if u tear down do a thorough cleaning. You might pull motor and clean it refill read end with new oil I hope this helps.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:44 PM   #5
crash test dummy

Quote:
3. I wanted to put a rear flip seat on it, but I dont think its strong enough for 4 adults?
YES ...it needs HD spring kit when you do rear seat
Old 06-09-2014, 09:06 PM   #6
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epb View Post
Go to member rides and go to second page and look for 93yellowclubcar and read his build. He is totally happy and loves his cart. If it's in good shape and needs a little tlc take the plunge and make it yours. I think he gets 25 mph on 36v.
I was using a crappy app for those MPH numbers, it's actually right around 20 after further testing. But yes, I'm happy with the cart and that someone actually reads my build threads!
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 09:13 PM   #7
crash test dummy

you paid him to read it
Old 06-09-2014, 09:36 PM   #8
physcoflip
Getting Wild
Club Car

Just sold my 93 36 volt and it had a 6inch spindle lift and 22 inch tires. Ran fine just couldn't pass up a deal I found for a 98 48 volt. DS carts are very upgradable so your only limits are how much time and money you want to put into it. And definetly get the HD rear springs.
physcoflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:47 AM   #9
oconnorb
Gone Wild

Club Car

Free carts are the best, I concur with others, you are restricted only by funding to modify your DS. DS’s are very easy to modify and the cost are marginal depending on how fast or high you want to build. Lots of lessons learned from others on this site, I have a little over $8K in mine, but I experimented on different set ups and it was summer project after a few other builds. Nothing fancy, but it will run 50+ and has never left me stranded.

Have fun, ask questions….

Last edited by oconnorb; 06-10-2014 at 05:48 AM.. Reason: spelling issues
oconnorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:18 AM   #10
catch2237
Not Yet Wild

Thanks y'all. I'm going to give it a good overlook today.
catch2237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car