lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2014, 11:16 AM   #1
grandpa1
Gone Wild

Default 36 volt DS mid 90s v glide issue with adjustments

Good day to all. I have the vglide issue . when I adjust it so it starts at the very bottom position it will not go to the top contact. If I adjust the rod so it will go all the way to the top it messes up the position of the pedal which causes it to set the parking brake when I push the pedal now.I adjusted the stop on the bottom of the pedal so the brake lock works properly but the I do not get the vglide to return to the bottom contact. What am I doing wrong?
grandpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2014, 01:34 PM   #2
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 36 volt DS mid 90s v glide issue with adjustments

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa1 View Post
Good day to all. I have the vglide issue . when I adjust it so it starts at the very bottom position it will not go to the top contact. If I adjust the rod so it will go all the way to the top it messes up the position of the pedal which causes it to set the parking brake when I push the pedal now.I adjusted the stop on the bottom of the pedal so the brake lock works properly but the I do not get the vglide to return to the bottom contact. What am I doing wrong?
im not sure , but the bottom 2 are dead anyway so as long as its getting close to the bottom I think its ok....
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:21 PM   #3
scotter
Gone Wild

Club Car

Look at the other side of the v-glide where the wires come off the contacts. Those are the contacts that make the cart move. There are 8 contacts in the v-glide. The bottom 3 typically do not make the cart move. Adjust the length of accelerator rod so the v-glide wiper arm rests at the bottom contact; and at wide open throttle (WOT) the GO pedal is against the floorboard and the v-glide wiper arm goes and covers the top contact, making sure it does not cover any of the #7 contact. You may need to adjust the rubber bumper stop for the pedal to dial all this in.
scotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:27 PM   #4
grandpa1
Gone Wild

OK I adjusted the pedal to where the parking brake does not try to engage during regular use. Problem is if I adjust the bumper anymore down the brake trys to grab when you hit the go pedal.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:57 PM   #5
grandpa1
Gone Wild

Hello anyone on this can help? If the swiper does not go all the way back to the bottom spot will there be power going in the system even if the micro switch is not activated?
Old 06-13-2014, 07:15 PM   #6
scotter
Gone Wild

Club Car

Loosen the brakes (equalizer bar) where the brake cables connect to the pedal assy. The back of the brake pedal should be 6.5" from the floor at rest. You adjust this using the brake pedal bumper under cart. Adjust your accelerator pedal as described above. Then adjust Hill brake. The Hill Brake can be adjusted behind the Hill Brake Pedal. Slide down the ball joint cover. Pop off the ball joint from the stud. Lengthen or shorten rod. You want 1/16" - 1/8" between the Hill brake prawl and the latch (under the cart) when not engaging the Hill Brake.
Old 06-13-2014, 08:37 PM   #7
grandpa1
Gone Wild

OK I will try that in the morning. Thank you. I will post my progress.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:09 AM   #8
scotter
Gone Wild

Club Car

Okay, i copied from the manual and paraphrased. In order..
Disconnect batteries!
Disconnect (slack) in brake cables at equalizer bar.
Correct back of brake pedal to 6.5" from floor board in rest position.
Connect/Adjust brake cables and tighten equalizer nuts.
Disconnect accelerator rod from pedal.
Adjust accelerator rubber stop to maintain 1/32" - 1/8" gap between brake latch (has all the teeth) and brake pawl.
NOTE: Brake pawl should not push brake latch rearward when park brake is applied. To insure proper pawl engagement, measure distance from floorboard to top of accelerator pedal before engaging park brake. After locking park brake, accelerator pedal must return to the original measurement. If not, engagement is to deep and park brake rod must be adjusted.
To adjust park brake rod, snap ball joint from park brake pedal and rotate ball joint. Clockwise to increase pawl to latch engagement, counter clockwise if accelerator pedal does not return to original position with park brake locked.
Reconnect accelerator push rod.

Proper accelerator pedal adjustment and position are dependent on the park brake latch position and accelerator stop adjustment. Before adjusting control linkage, be sure accelerator stop is adjusted.

Now you can adjust your accelerator push rod length as described above in third thread. Remember, WOT=accelerator pedal to floor board and v-glide wiper arm contact covering 8th contact and not touching #7 contact. You do not want WOT with accelerator pedal not touching floor board...you will damage the v-glide housing and or wiper arm.
Hope this is helpful to you.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:18 PM   #9
grandpa1
Gone Wild

I will follow this first thing in the morning. Thank you so much
Old 06-17-2014, 07:22 AM   #10
grandpa1
Gone Wild

OK I got the pedal adjustment all good now and the vglide is perfect. Now I just found a new problem. It just burnt a cable up that runs to the coils in the back. It is the next to the last cable on the passenger side it connect to the #4 and #5 contact point. What could cause this?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car