lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2015, 12:46 PM   #1
MillionAir
Not Yet Wild

Default Engine runs with no pedal pressure applied

Hello everyone, I have a 1999 Club car DS and I am having a couple problems with it that I think may be related but I'm not positive. The cart runs and drives but when you let off the pedal it still runs, but does not propel you forward (in forward or reverse) almost like an idle. The cart was not doing this before I changed the voltage regulator but is now that the regulator has been changed. It still makes kind of a cranking noise when you press the accelerator pedal down as if it wasn't already running. My other problem is that the voltage stays at around 10.0 when it is in this "idle" but drops when you start cranking it again. It does stay steady when its driving but again drops when you turn it off and back on again to drive it. So it is not charging somewhere in between. Any ideas on what would cause this issue?
MillionAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-05-2015, 01:28 PM   #2
sstory
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Engine runs with no pedal pressure applied

Sounds similar to a problem I had on my 1990 DS. Make sure the Accelerator Kill Limit Switch is grounded. There is also a black wire (may be black/white) that goes to the Engine Kill Hookup located on the back area of the motor (you can access this area through the cover located between the seat and the club storage). Make sure this wire is securely connected in the bullet wire connector. Some how mine had come apart just slightly. When I looked at the connection it looked fine. But when I tried to push the connectors together, I heard/felt a "click". After that, my cart dies like it should. Prior to getting this corrected, I'd have to really set the brake hard, raise the seat and pull the spark plug wire in order to get the motor to die.
sstory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 01:37 PM   #3
MillionAir
Not Yet Wild

Where does the Accelerator Kill Limit Switch ground to?
Old 02-05-2015, 01:57 PM   #4
sstory
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

In the black box under the seat, there should be 2 micro switches stacked on top of each other (the top one is the Accelerator Starter Limit Switch and the bottom one is the Accelerator Kill Limit Switch). They will ground to a bolt in that box that is then grounded to the frame.

And the wire to the Engine Kill wire from the Accelerator Kill Limit Switch is a black/white wire.
sstory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:01 AM   #5
MillionAir
Not Yet Wild

The bullet connector looks good, I disconnected it and reconnected it just to be sure. No change, I just recently replaced those two micro switches (The Starter Limit Switch and the Accelerator Kill Limit Switch). Could I have maybe gotten the wires mixed up? I could not find the ground that goes to the frame you were talking about, but I did follow that white with a black stripe wire you were talking about that also goes to that bullet connector and connects at some sort of solenoid at the front of the motor. The other side of the wire goes up into the front of the cart and I lost it in the body, the cart has lights all over it (It is the Land Rover edition).
Old 03-03-2015, 09:24 AM   #6
MillionAir
Not Yet Wild

The only other things I have changed are the suspension bushings and the Voltage Regulator.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:43 AM   #7
MillionAir
Not Yet Wild

I solved the issue, the problem was that I had the orange wire for the accelerator kill switch limiter to the center leg when it was supposed to be on the leg one more over. :) Now to figure out if that solved my charging issue.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car