lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2020, 09:26 PM   #1
Bdfowle
Not Yet Wild

Default G29 sparked and now dead!

Fairly new to golf carts and purchased a 2013 G29. Decided to install a havoc body kit and during the process I installed a 48v-12v converter that feeds a fuse block which will run the lights and accessories.
So here is the run down:
2 power wires from battery positive, one for the converter and the other for a battery meter.
3 ground wires from the battery negative, one for the converter ground, one for the battery meter ground and the last for the headlight/taillight ground.
I have only connected the ground wires to the battery and the power wires are not connected yet.
I was in the process of checking the voltage of the battery pack and forgot my voltmeter was hooked up incorrectly. When I touched the negative and positive of the battery pack it sparked very bad and "welded" the pro ngs to the battery terminals. Now the cart will not run. When I switch it from tow to run the solenoid clicks like normal. But when I turn the key on there is no click like it usually does. The reverse buzzer still works but the cart will not move when the pedal is pressed. I know this is alot but I'm hoping someone can help me out.
Bdfowle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2020, 11:19 PM   #2
timstreet
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Help needed.......G29 sparked and now dead!

Did you check the fuse? It's located in the area shown in the picture. It's either a 3 amp or 5 amp fuse, I don't recall.

https:// imgur.com/a/43r7nfH

(Take our the space before imgur --I'm too new to post links.
timstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 06:09 AM   #3
Bdfowle
Not Yet Wild

I couldn't see your image, but I did check the only fuse i could find which is very close to the tow/run switch and it was good.
Update: I remembered when I was originally unplugging the key switch, the two wires pulled out of the back of the plug but I was able to push them back in.
Today, I pulled those wires back out and when I touched the two together the solenoid clicked and the cart ran. What does this mean? The key switch or connection is bad? Thanks in advance for all your help.
Old 06-19-2020, 08:55 PM   #4
Bdfowle
Not Yet Wild

Another update, I tried to touch the two key switch wires together again and nothing happened. I switched it from run to tow multiple time and got the solenoid to click on for a brief second when touching the two wires together but nothing after that.
I have 49.2 volts going to the switch but cant determine how to check where the power goes from there.
Old 09-04-2021, 06:03 PM   #5
SoFlyLikeAG29
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I had something similar today with my 2007 YDRE (G29). Did you ever find out the problem? The cart sat for about 2 weeks unplugged. Today I charged it, turned on the key and pressed the gas when it sparked from the far right (passenger side) battery and welded the two wires together. Now it does not run and the reverse buzzer does not even work. My lights work on the 12 volt system.
SoFlyLikeAG29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha