lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2011, 02:50 PM   #1
BlownCustoms
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Possible Carb Problems

I just got the enigine out of my 83 g1 and there is alot of oil all over it. I was just curious if anyone has any ideas on cleaning the carb or if neccissary where i could get a new one. Also i have been looking round and found a couple of re-build kits for them and was just wondering if i might need theese. Also has anyone ever ported and polished the heads to add performance.

if anyone could help get started on the right path to getting this motor running in top form i would appreciate it.

Also i may need a wiring diagram for this as well because there are a bunch of loose hanging wires
BlownCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2011, 03:14 PM   #2
haus513
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Possible Carb Problems

where does oil look like its coming from? Sounds to me like crank case seal time....
haus513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:00 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Get a can of carb clean you can spray up all the passages with it. Carb should be ok unless the shaft is worn bad and loose. Cut the head some for compression that helps, you can raise the exhaust port a little like a mm (not more unless someone here has) , note that gets rid of compression. Advance the timing some it will rev more and go slower in reverse. Get the muffler clean inside. Make sure the reeds are working right in intake. Make sure the clutch is working well both of them. Put a bored cylinder on it if its not near new. It should run pretty nice then.

You cut the head too much it gets into the squish area, its better to cut the cylinder if you can I don't remember on those. But the one I had was just cut head and I sanded out the port a little by hand....took a while lol. IIRC they are 6.1 compression.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 08:04 PM   #4
kcnaz
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Look under the carb just below where the cylinder mates to the block for two nipples.....maybe the one to the boost bottle has come off. The one on the right goes to the fuel pump.
kcnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha