lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2011, 08:43 PM   #1
Nitrobomb
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Need help w/g16 please

I have a 01 g16 i did the thing w/the governor drilled out and put new throttle cable on it so here is the problem it seems it only has full throttle i mean u barley touch the gas and its going and if u floor it i doesnt make a difference so i put a spring on the return and still didnt help so if anyone has any suggestions i would appreciate it thanks keith. O and it did the same thing before i put the new cable on.
Nitrobomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2011, 06:46 AM   #2
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: Need help w/g16 please

Is the butterfly in the carb opening and closing?
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:11 PM   #3
Nitrobomb
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

It was when i checked it when i installed the new trottle cable.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:20 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Make sure it starts and idles with the pedal before it gets any throttle. Make sure it only gets full throttle with pedal all the way so its not binding something. Note the last near 1/3 of throttle on carb does very little for you only seems to work at top rpm...on a stock engine. If you still use the governor arm, that is where another return spring should be that also holds the arm down so it can't come off...if you drilled the shaft holes out.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:26 PM   #5
G1-G9
LIFE IS TAKING FOREVER

Yamaha

the problem we had was the stop on the carb got stuck past the stop and it was stuck wide open. this happened after we by passed the govenor. i thought something was wrong so i hooked the govenor back up and it still ran wide open. it wasent until i took the carb off i dicovered the problem. i hope this makes sence.
G1-G9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:38 PM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I know what you mean, I bet someone bent that tab long ago so it didn't catch....iirc the tab stops it. I used to have golfers stick pencils in there on G1s and bend them.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:33 PM   #7
Nitrobomb
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Im going to find time this weekend to do some investigating on my nightmare thanks guys.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha