lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2011, 12:28 PM   #1
citrix_guy
Not Yet Wild

Default Speed spring for a g22? be any help?

I have a new (to me) G22. Just put HD rear springs on it, adjusted the governer all the way in, put in the "power kit" with the machined rear shieve, spring and spacer, and even a new drive clutch and belt.

Runs well, and shifts/ move up smoothly.

My next thing is to get a little more speed. I run after market rims and tires but NOT lifted/oversized tires.

Will one of these http://www.cartpartsplus.com/yamaha-speed-spring.html Speed Springs help? If so how much? This thing is fair today, but not fast...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00283-20110504-1934.jpg (145.6 KB, 7 views)
citrix_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2011, 02:01 PM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: Speed spring for a g22? be any help?

I've read where guys that have them say they are a nice speed improvement.

TheNewGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:01 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Speed spring for a g22? be any help?

Some of the clutch springs will cut your top speed, some not. I assume you intend to lift it or tow heavy things the power kit does not do much for a stock cart. You can get the governor spring if you want to keep the governor on, but I don't think even holding the throttle wide open will get much more speed the engine is rpm limited and usually turning it all the way in will get you close, but not always. You need larger diameter tires or high speed gears to get some speed you will see close to 30mph with either maybe 20 without. Only 2 stroke carts can go kind of fast stock as they can rev higher. That might have a rev limit on it, then it will cut out if you rev it too hard. You can also make sure your throttle cable is tighter but can be harder to drive if you have no play when it starts.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha