lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2011, 02:07 PM   #1
stalt
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 after de-winterize no fuel flow?

hey all,

up here in canada. bought this cart last pring. worked fine most of last year. Winterized it as per manual last fall including draining all fuel.

To bring out of storage it says add fuel to tank, check tires and go!

Mine is not running. I did replace the fuel filter, and there is no fuel being pulled through the filter. Do I need to prime this somehow?

Any other thoughts?

thanks...fear i missed something dumb!
stalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2011, 07:18 PM   #2
kaublr
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G1 after de-winterize no fuel flow?

The G-1 has to crank a while to pull gas from tank. Be sure the pulse line from the crankcase to the fuel pump is not rotted or broken. This is a common problem after they set for a period of time.
kaublr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:12 AM   #3
stevensj13
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Well I just got one running from sitting ten years. I replaced the entire fuel system and then it wouldn't run until I found out this one trick. There is a little nozzle on the top of the fuel tank. Plug a piece of gas line in it and with the fuel line off the carb blow into the nozzle on the top of the tank. When you see gas coming from the line you unplugged fromt the carb, plug it back in. The cart should now fire right up!
stevensj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:59 AM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

It is also good practice to fill the tank then try it, it is nearly gravity feed then. The pumps have a hard time drawing the prime up from half a tank or less once they are dry.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:18 PM   #5
stalt
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: G1 after de-winterize no fuel flow?

Agh...a couple of good points that I think will help.

I only filled the tank 1/2 way as last fall I ended up having th syphon off almost 1/2 the tank when it came time to winterize. that may be the problem with drawing and i think the pressure help with the blow hose will also do it! i will give this a try this weekend and let you know how i make out!
Old 06-05-2011, 08:19 PM   #6
stalt
Not Yet Wild

took me a few more days to get the camper than \i thought. Attached short fuel line hose to vent, disconnected fuel line at pump and blew! once gas flowed, reconected and fired her up!

thanks for the trick!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha